Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Different classification systems? by Cake @ Today at 08:39 PM

You need a doctor who takes your report of symptoms seriously and is committed to finding medications that help. The same basic medications are used for diseases in this inflammatory/autoimmune category. So a specific diagnosis is not nearly as imp
Jump to new posts Re: Is mobic safe? by Shippingnews @ Today at 11:10 AM

@worldofme, please check your PM. Thanks!
Jump to new posts Re: biologic suggestions please by Anja @ Today at 09:31 AM

I was on Enbrel first for about 6 months with no significant improvement in my symptoms. I switched to Cimzia a couple months ago and it seems to be helping quite a bit already. Still have chronic pain and fatigue, but the acute swelling/joint sympto
Young Adults - The 20-Something Club
Jump to new posts AS first symptoms by raybeez @ Today at 07:48 AM

Hello guys from a 23 year old male. I am curious if the first symptoms for this disease can be pain in the ball of the heel and some of the toes. I have this pain for three weeks now and nothing seems to work. Ive made some blood tests and everything
Jump to new posts Re: New Hip soon......... by Ken Delano @ Today at 07:15 AM

My total hip replacement is scheduled for August 10th at the VAMC in Minneapolis, MN. 11 weeks from today. I chose that date. They could have scheduled it allot sooner but we are committed to several events in June and July so I made the call to wait
Careers, Jobs & Spondylitis
Jump to new posts Re: tell HR or don't tell HR? by batmanuelAS @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Thanks for the response. I'll have to look up what's considered "reasonable" for ankylosing spondylitis.
Jump to new posts Re: New here! and a Question by schoonerj @ Yesterday at 07:09 PM

Thanks Ginny for confirming. Nicole, sounds like there are a number of things to discuss with your rheumatologist. I hope you can get some some answers. I am very new to this and find myself questioning everything.
Jump to new posts Re: Symptoms familiar to anyone else? by SouthernMoss @ Yesterday at 11:53 AM

Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is by definition a spinal disease, affecting your spine and sacroiliac joints. It can also affect peripheral joints in addition to the spine & pelvis. But if you don't have spinal symptoms, you most likely don't have A
Jump to new posts Re: Biologic stops working right away? by Banana @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Give it a chance, it can take months to build up. Good luck
Jump to new posts Re: Can you be diagnosed when not "flaring"? by jeanyus @ Yesterday at 04:03 AM

Sounds like AS or something related, with the "dimple" area and too tight feeling, as well as the fluctuating locations, and the nonspecific ache (flu like aches)
Jump to new posts Re: What is that sound popping noise in neck? by jeanyus @ Yesterday at 03:28 AM

The "popping" and "cracking" noises are pretty much constant with me now, one of the first signs (to me) that made me go to a rheumatologist years ago. Sometimes I move until I do get a "pop", because it seems to relieve
Jump to new posts Re: ok, well i will just drive off a cliff now... by jeanyus @ Yesterday at 02:29 AM

Yeah, lots of us have wanted to drive off a cliff. I guess you aren't in the USA, but UK? (the "bloody" is a giveaway)I have debates with my ex-pat friend who lives in UK married to a Brit about the pros and cons of each health system... Th