Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
12/14/17 07:58 PM
Thanks for the link and info. There was also an article in the latest SAA e-SUN newsletter about Shingrix. I definitely plan to ask my rheumy about it at my next visit. https://www.spondylitis.org/About-S...ailable-to-those-on-biologic-medications...
see more
22 Views · 1 Comments
12/14/17 04:30 PM
Thanks for the citation, cipher. The link is indeed to HLA-B27, as opposed to AS (or its related diseases). In other words, you don't actually have to have active AS (or a related disease) to develop the heart problems linked to HLA-B27. So when you're doing a Google search for a...
see more
141 Views · 8 Comments
12/14/17 03:52 PM
Here is a start: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC481481/ Complete heart block in HLA B27 associated disease. Electrophysiological and clinical characteristics. I googled "HLA-B27 heart block"...
see more
717 Views · 14 Comments
12/14/17 01:55 PM
I've read all the research on how bad smoking is for AS. I want to quit but am having a lot of difficulty. The only thing that has helped me to quit in the past is chantix but it caused unpleasant side effects so I will not take it again. I'm wondering about those of you who qu...
see more
20 Views · 0 Comments
12/14/17 02:49 AM
Hello Everyone, It has been a long time since I last visited this forum or website. I have a question and I hope to hear from you in response to this question. Have any of you been able to totally stop taking prednisone? I have been taking prednisone for more than 20 years now a...
see more
36 Views · 0 Comments
12/13/17 07:14 PM
My response was like Ginny's. Subtle changes gradually over time. One of the first things that went away for me was my heel pain that had been there for years- that went away 2-3 weeks after starting Humira. Then the fatigue started to lift. Spine pain took longer, and SI-joi...
see more
271 Views · 6 Comments
12/13/17 07:03 PM
Exercise helps me a lot, and if I slack off, that is when I tend to get into flairs. But this is circular- when I don't feel well, everything hurts and the last thing I want to do is exercise. But when I start moving, I start to feel better. Swimming (lap swimming), walking an...
see more
787 Views · 10 Comments
12/13/17 01:45 AM
When the podiatrist said your x-rays were "far from normal" was he only looking at x-rays of your foot/feet? I know it's frustrating when something is wrong but the tests don't prove it out. I'm fortunate that I had a rheumy that based my diagnosis on more than just x-...
see more
152 Views · 4 Comments