Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by GardenGnome @ Today at 04:56 PM

My doc will either say don't worry or go to the emergency if its above 38. They also say avoid emergency rooms at all costs if you can. I just feel stuck. I really wish they could call my pharamacy and order antibiotics or anti virals for me when thi
Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by Swan @ Today at 02:11 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm actually a pretty positive person. I just get a little overwhelmed with multiple medical issues all happening at once: Prednisone, injections last Tuesday, sinus surgery yesterday (that is sinus surgery #8), a knee surgery in the
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by SouthernMoss @ Today at 11:35 AM

As long as the fever is low grade, I would normally wait and call the doctor the next day. A few hours delay won't hurt anything, and you don't have to actually be running fever at the moment you call. You could wait and see what happens tonight, t
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by GardenGnome @ Today at 10:58 AM

My fevers always happen at night or on weekends. So i cant call my doctor right away. If I wanted to speak to a doc while im having a fever it would have to be emergency room. They make such a big deal about fevers it make me nervous. I am suppoed to
Jump to new posts Re: New revolutionary type of medicines may be coming by SouthernMoss @ Today at 10:30 AM

Interesting stuff!
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by SouthernMoss @ Today at 10:27 AM

I don't go to the ER for low-grade fever. Usually if it's an infection I will have other symptoms, like a runny nose if it's an upper respiratory infection, or a throbbing tooth with the awful abscessed tooth I had last year. If the fever does seem t
Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by SouthernMoss @ Today at 09:50 AM

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Chronic pain can really wear you down. Fingers crossed that the Simponi will give you some relief. Let us know how the sinus surgery went and when you start the Simponi.
Jump to new posts New revolutionary type of medicines may be coming by GardenGnome @ Today at 01:25 AM

There is a new type of medicines in clinical trials currently called nano medicines. They are for autoimmune diseases. This may lead to cures or at least treatments of the diseases without lowering the immune system. Two major pharmaceutical companie
Jump to new posts Biologics and fever by GardenGnome @ Today at 01:16 AM

I know that when you get a fever when you are on biologics it can be an emergency. However, not every fever is an emergency and many are not infections at all just flares etc. I got out of the shower today and my face was all red blotchy like a heat
Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by Lewis23 @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Stay strong, keep trying things...I know it's hard sometimes when you are in pain... but be optimistic about feeling good and going into a long peered of remission. We are all rooting for you.
Jump to new posts Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here by apple012345 @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

The uncomfortable leg sensations start or become worse when you're sitting, lying down, or trying to relax.
Jump to new posts Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here by apple012345 @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by Swan @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

I'm heading to sinus surgery this morning. After I recover, I will be starting Simponi and heading back to my pool exercises and PT. This disease is very frustrating as everything I try in the last 15 years (TNFs, NSAIDs, pain meds, injections, ablat
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think?? by WhiteCell @ Yesterday at 10:25 AM

You have classic symptoms of arthritis and specifically AS. Find a highly respected Rheum or two. Many of us were undiagnosed for years and many doctors don't know how to diagnose the complex set of signs and symptoms. Stiffness, decreasing mobility,
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone just take ibuprofen only? by WhiteCell @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

Many of us tried many non steroidal anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen. As a nurse I can let you know that many bleeding episodes from stomachs occur due to it's use and overuse.
Jump to new posts Re: Newly Diagnosed... already nearly 90% fused by Banana @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

Very sorry, Humira should help a lot esp with pain and inflammation. I recommend you have to heart checked because the inflammation can damage other organs, like heart,kidneys etc. Michael Smith had rapid fusing but it happened because doctor recomm
Jump to new posts Re: Newly Diagnosed... already nearly 90% fused by Nicole_B @ Yesterday at 09:22 AM

Wow, I'm sorry you're going through that! It does sound unusual (but I'm no expert). I do remember another person on here mentioning though that their AS was found incidentally on an x-ray and that later on they had progressed to almost total fusion
Jump to new posts Anyone just take ibuprofen only? by worldofme @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

I have been taking 1600mg of ibuprofen daily. I do not think this drug is effective anymore, anyone use this?
Jump to new posts Re: Newly Diagnosed... already nearly 90% fused by Mpak65 @ 08/15/17 07:37 PM

Thank you, I think the Neuro and the Rheumatologist were both baffled as to how I could have fused so quickly. The x-rays showed from the thoracic levels all the way down fused and they were shocked that I did not have any pain symptoms until just 3
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think?? by Winston @ 08/15/17 06:29 PM

Ginny has listed the classic AS symptoms for you: Alternating buttock pain. Lower back pain that wakes you up in the night, usually the second half of the night. Extreme stiffness in the mornings, such that sometimes a hot shower is required to even
Jump to new posts Re: Newly Diagnosed... already nearly 90% fused by SouthernMoss @ 08/15/17 06:00 PM

Hi Mpak65. It sounds like you have been through a lot in the last 20 years. It does sound like your AS is especially aggressive. It is unusual to have that much fusion in just 5 years. I'm glad your rheumatologist is on the ball and wants to start H
Jump to new posts Re: What do you think?? by SouthernMoss @ 08/15/17 05:50 PM

Hi nolagirl03. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. The symptoms you have described do not specifically sound like spondylitis to me, but I do agree that you need to see a rheumatologist. There may be other symptoms that you are not describ
Jump to new posts Newly Diagnosed... already nearly 90% fused by Mpak65 @ 08/15/17 04:57 PM

I am 52 yrs old and have had Cauda Equina Syndrome for nearly 20 years due to a spinal cord injury. This has left large areas of numbness and partial paralysis in my lower body. While i have had many issues with my legs and feet, I never had any issu
Jump to new posts What do you think?? by nolagirl03 @ 08/15/17 04:49 PM

I'm 36 and have had bizarre symptoms for years. I have chronic lower back pain in the area of my sacrum, and my PT and massage therapist tell me there's a huge knot there. MRIs show desiccated disks at the L4-L5 level, but nothing else besides "
Jump to new posts Re: SO Confused by Lewis23 @ 08/15/17 12:07 PM

Hey Wild25husky, Welcome back. Sorry to hear you are experiencing pain and frustration. I am going to echo what Nicole said, that no two people have the same type of disease and it varies a lot. I've probably had this since I was 12 years old (now 3
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >