Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by kglenn @ Today at 02:43 PM

Thank you, Winston--good to know! Oh--I missed the IM you mentioned in your first response--apologies on that, Ucla08! I wasn't aware of that as an option, so thank you again. Nice that you got diagnosed and treated so quickly, Ginny. You appear to
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by SouthernMoss @ Today at 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: kglennThanks for sharing your experience, Ginny! Did you start on methotrexate while dx'd with USpA and before the Humira? My son (20) with USpA is on methotrexate for his swollen knee, and it has definitely helped him. Yes, I
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by Ucla08 @ Today at 11:07 AM

The kenalog shots were intramuscular (aka, in the rump). The rheum thought that was better because of the risks of rupture when doing it in those targeted areas. But also, since I was having multiple problem areas, it made more sense to do something
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by Winston @ Today at 10:21 AM

Pennsaid is another topical NSAID. I have found it works better than Voltaren. If one doesn't work for you, try the other.
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by kglenn @ Today at 10:18 AM

Hi Ucla08--I appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad that things are definitely improving for you, even if the going is slow. I will look into the Strassburg sock and Voltaren gel. Churchmen will also thin my blood, which probably is equall
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by Britefutr @ Today at 04:24 AM

Hello Kglenn, I have constant flare ups in my heels when my antiTNF starts to fail.. Here is a link to stretches that have given me good relief. Note on the first seated stretch I use the cold soda can https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exer
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by Ucla08 @ Today at 12:32 AM

Hi KGlenn, sounds like we're in a similar boat with the heel enthesitis. I've been dealing with a combo of plantar fasciitis/achilles enthesitis for a few years now. Hope that doesn't sound discouraging - I was only dx'd with USpA/AS earlier this yea
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by kglenn @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ginny! Did you start on methotrexate while dx'd with USpA and before the Humira? My son (20) with USpA is on methotrexate for his swollen knee, and it has definitely helped him.
Jump to new posts Re: Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by SouthernMoss @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

I've never had an MRI, so I can't answer your first question from experience. But I would think that the answer would vary from one radiologist to another and from one rheumatologist to another, depending on the skill of each. My experience with a
Jump to new posts Questions regarding MRI and heel enthesitis. by kglenn @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Hello All, I am new and this is my second post. To review, I was just recently diagnosed with undifferentiated spondylitis based on 4 months of heel enthesitis, positive HLA-B27 test, early back and hip pain, suspicious x-ray and family history of s
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really Spondylitis? by Thesnakejakw @ 09/24/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Ucla08Originally Posted By: CeGuToday I had had my Doctor's appointment. He told me I do have AS with Sacroililiitis Grade 1. He told me I should continue on Celecoxib and exercise and stretching. We will wait for 6 months and s
Jump to new posts Re: Cockup deformity? by seven86 @ 09/24/17 05:05 PM

Thanks everyone. I figured it was related when I read what causes it.
Jump to new posts Re: Is it really Spondylitis? by Ucla08 @ 09/24/17 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CeGuToday I had had my Doctor's appointment. He told me I do have AS with Sacroililiitis Grade 1. He told me I should continue on Celecoxib and exercise and stretching. We will wait for 6 months and see how it goes as the pain i
Jump to new posts Re: UTI on Enbrel by Banana @ 09/24/17 12:05 PM

Yes, what Winston says. It take really get big without fast treatment. No local urgent care? Don't forget to mention Enbrel.
Jump to new posts Re: UTI on Enbrel by Winston @ 09/24/17 11:35 AM

I wouldn't go to the ER, but I would go to an urgent care center if there's one in your community that is open on weekends. The sooner you start antibiotics the better. Definitely skip your Enbrel injection if it's due.
Jump to new posts UTI on Enbrel by PSO1957 @ 09/24/17 06:41 AM

On Enbrel for 3 weeks. Have what I think is UTI. How urgent is treatment needed? Like can I wait till tomorrow (Monday) and call MD? ER seems overkill and so expensive.
Jump to new posts Opioid pain medicine what works and what don't by Thesnakejakw @ 09/23/17 09:17 PM

I am making this post to see how well your pain medicine is working for your ankylosing spondylitis/ or other issues. I am just very curious on how certain pain meds work for one but not work for the other? For me so far Oxycodone has been most ef
Jump to new posts Re: Cockup deformity? by Tacitus @ 09/23/17 03:07 AM

Hello, seven86: AS does cause dactylitis; typically toes more than fingers as with RA. Mine are quite deformed and I also had some psoriatic activity--classic AS. HEALTH, John
Jump to new posts Re: Helping those close to you to better understand? by SouthernMoss @ 09/22/17 11:52 PM

You're welcome. I hope it helps.
Jump to new posts Re: How much do you push? by Ucla08 @ 09/22/17 09:34 PM

Thanks for the input. I have an appt in about two weeks so we'll talk about the options and hopefully come up with some good next steps. In the meantime... allergy testing is already scheduled next week to possibly restart immunotherapy : )
Originally Posted By: SouthernMossCharis Hill is an AS patient and advocate who has a blog called Being Charis. Look through her blog entries and I'm sure you will find some articles that will be helpful. https://beingcharis.com/ Originally Posted
Jump to new posts Re: Pain Contracts? by WhiteCell @ 09/22/17 07:31 PM

As I previously stated, we have a healthy disagreement. AS and pain should, in my view, never be the source of suspicion and mistrust. We all suffer, some more some less. The ethical way to get our pain mitigated is to have a relationship with an
Jump to new posts Re: How much do you push? by Thesnakejakw @ 09/22/17 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Ucla08Thesnakejakw, I hadn't thought of a muscle relaxant but I don't think a muscle relaxer would work for me... I took half of a flexiril once that was prescribed for a sports injury and I was so woozy I could barely move. It
Jump to new posts Re: Pain Contracts? by Thesnakejakw @ 09/22/17 05:49 PM

Education and prescribing practices is not a fix for all drug abusers,drug diverters and over dose prevention. It's not mandatory testing it's a one time test once a year if patient risk is low if it is high then every visit testing and counting if t
Jump to new posts Re: spam-up deformity? by Banana @ 09/22/17 05:45 PM

I have that in my toes, had to have a ligment cut in one toe. Wear extra wide shoes to discourage. Esp a wide "box" for toes. Like Merrills or New Balance. You might need more treatment, either added to what you are taking or a change up.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >