Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
11/21/17 03:28 PM
Just as an update, I explained what was going on to my family doctor and he sent me on a cardiology referral. How long I have to wait will depend on how they prioritize my problem. The family doctor said they would probably put me on a holter monitor for a bit to get an idea of w...
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/21/17 02:38 PM
Absolutely. I will have such severe pain in my hips that I can only hobble - I will get on my bicycle and within minutes I am painfree. If I don't stretch/yoga a few times a week, stiffness is way worse. I have to go out and walk after resting or sitting for only an hour. Walki...
see more
290 Views · 6 Comments
11/21/17 02:17 PM
Thank you for the advice, I will definitely find some baby wipes etc. I had already decided to do the more expensive split prep, so I'm glad to hear corroborating evidence that it is worth it!...
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/20/17 07:40 PM
I've only been on humira and cosentyx. Ive experienced bradychardia with both. Before then I have never had an issue...
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/20/17 06:12 PM
I can't believe I missed this post before. I have a known electrical issues (WPW) that precedes my AS. I have chosen not to have it ablated because I have had few real issues. That said, I have recently started noticing a lot of weird rates in the last few months that don't seem...
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/20/17 05:55 PM
Im having issues as well. Im beyond healthy(from a cardio perspective) and my heart rate drops during exercise. It rises normally but then will periodically drop. I've had it checked out and they cant find anything. I guess thats a good thing, but I guess I'll say this. With...
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/20/17 05:49 PM
Good luck, Sean. Let us know how it goes....
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/20/17 04:31 PM
Hi. I am in a flare that has lasted about 6 weeks and I have at the same time been experiencing some bizarre heart rate issues. I started checking it because i was feeling palpitations and at other times feeling very dizzy. Now that I am checking it it turns that it has been very...
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/20/17 06:28 AM
Update: Saw the orthopedic doctor (I guess that's what you call the doctor who prescribes physical therapy? anyway it's the same guy) to discuss my feeling of faintness etc. Told him that stopping the chlorzoxazone helped somewhat, but that I was feeling strange after the cervica...
see more
260 Views · 8 Comments
11/18/17 04:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Ginny. To give someone with liver damage Tylenol strikes me as odd. Tylenol is more hepatotoxic than NSAIDs are, in general. I'd definitely have a conversation about that with the doctor before taking the Tylenol....
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
11/17/17 09:00 PM
I'm glad the pain is better. So sorry about your feeling of faintness. Hopefully as the treatment progresses your system will become accustomed to the meds....
see more
260 Views · 8 Comments
11/17/17 08:47 PM
I'm surprised that your doctor would swap you to Tylenol, because it is my understanding that Tylenol is more apt to cause liver problems than NSAIDs. But then I'm not a doctor and he may have a reason based on his knowledge of your situation and history. I'm sorry you are havin...
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
11/17/17 03:49 PM
Hi worldofme, My pain is also all day everyday the level of pain is the only thing that has varied since this all started so I think it can be "normal" to feel that way with this condition. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!...
see more
190 Views · 2 Comments
11/17/17 03:23 PM
another update: Pain has subsided a bit finally I was maybe at a 5/10 most of today. I have been feeling very strange though, yesterday felt like I was going to pass out a few times throughout the day (this has happened before and was at it's worst when the dizziness first starte...
see more
260 Views · 8 Comments
11/17/17 03:08 PM
I don't know about the analgesics, but back when I thought I had Lyme disease (before diagnosis) members on a forum I was on suggested I take activated charcoal to help to detox. Some websites suggest it helps your liver out as well. I don't know if I buy into it myself but you c...
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
11/16/17 10:05 PM
Hi, Anyway, my main question: what is a good medication one can take to treat pain related to AS without harming the liver (or at least, which is least harmful to the liver)? I've heard the narcotic analgesics are least harmful, is that true? This is why I'm asking: So I've bee...
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
11/16/17 02:48 AM
I haven't had a colonoscopy yet, but when my son needed one, I read that avoiding meat for a few days ahead of the prep makes clearing things out go much more easily. Might want to consider it. Hope you find some answers!...
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/16/17 01:06 AM
I have a permanent stiff neck, unfortunately. Try to keep it moving if you can; the alternative is not pleasant (though I've adapted). I really recommend a good memory foam pillow. Try a bunch; you don't want one that is too tall. I use the low side of the contoured ones...
see more
169 Views · 1 Comments
11/15/17 05:41 PM
I have found that it is definitely helpful for me but with a few caveats... 1. It depends on how acutely active things are - if I'm having a flare then exercise lessens the discomfort but I wouldn't necessarily feel "better." 2. It depends on how chronically active t...
see more
290 Views · 6 Comments
11/15/17 04:12 PM
Oh my gosh, yes, baby wipes -- the alcohol free ones. Also diaper cream. Apply diaper cream (I liked the A&D cream) after each . . . erm . . . experience, and you'll thank me later....
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/15/17 04:01 PM
On the wrist question, you might reach out to RAHMBA. He's a certified yoga instructor....
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/15/17 03:50 PM
For my latest colonoscopy, I was prescribed Prepopik for the prep. So much better than the previous prep! Just two 5-oz cups of prep spaced 4-5 hours apart, with lots of clear liquids of your own choosing between and after. The pharmacy warned me it would be more expensive than t...
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/15/17 03:07 PM
another update: Had the first modified physical therapy session today. it is 15 minutes of a heat pack on my neck and lower back, 20 minutes using a cervical traction unit, and 15 minutes of what I believe is a type of TENS unit (I've heard the physical therapists call it a TENS ...
see more
260 Views · 8 Comments
11/15/17 02:54 PM
Thanks for the advice! I am definitely not thrilled for the prep. Winston I appreciate the binge-watching advice, I'll keep it in mind. And I will try the fists for my wrists -- we'll see if that makes them less unhappy. I'll keep you updated on if they find anything....
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/15/17 02:30 PM
I'm a 42 year old woman taking Remicade. I've had two colonoscopies--the most recent one in May. It was so much smoother than the one I had ten years ago. The new anesthesia they use is so much easier. I usually get so sick from anesthesia, but this was really just like waking u...
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
Page 1 of 2 1 2