Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Baseline before Treatment by kjb @ 10/16/17 04:39 PM

I am hoping soon! I had blood work come back positive for tb... long story short, it was the Tspot test, so they did a quantum gold = Negative, so they did a ppd = negative, so they did a chest x-ray = negative, CT Scan = negative, so I am back to le
Jump to new posts Re: Baseline before Treatment by Banana @ 10/16/17 04:22 PM

When are you starting treatment? Hope it is soon. I never bothered, and rarely have them done since. You can tell if treatment is working so your don't need a baseline. Plus, I don't want the extra x-rays. I get enough of that (c scans, x-rays) w
Jump to new posts Baseline before Treatment by kjb @ 10/16/17 03:12 PM

Hello Everyone, I was wondering how many of you have had x-rays before treatment to find a "baseline" of how far your disease has progressed before you started treatment? I had the x-ray of my sacroiliac joints for diagnosing, however, I h
Jump to new posts Re: Persistent mid back pain by SouthernMoss @ 10/16/17 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: ThesnakejakwI know people now that we're on biologics when they got the disease in 2000 such as remicade ect. It has done nothing for them as most of them progressed at a standard rate . How many people are you talking about?
Jump to new posts Re: Persistent mid back pain by Thesnakejakw @ 10/16/17 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: SouthernMossOriginally Posted By: Thesnakejakw You have stated large number of patients in several studies there has only been one study that showed it could possibly slow down progression in a 50 percent success rate. Unless th
Jump to new posts Cosentyx and weird side effect by awesomeman @ 10/16/17 10:32 AM

Im on my fourth week of the "loading" stage with Cosentyx. While for the most part I feel fine, much better than the Humira. I have this constant pressure sensation in my thighs. Its deep like almost in the bone. Its not a pain just like
Military & Veterans Board
Jump to new posts Re: Active Duty Air Force - Advice by SaffireSara @ 10/16/17 10:29 AM

Hi, Matt! I am sorry to have seen this so late in the game, but please push for full medical retirement vs separation. AS is a life-long chronic illness. I know it is tough one to "prove" if you don't have enough changes on x-ray etc but
Jump to new posts Re: Persistent mid back pain by SouthernMoss @ 10/16/17 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Thesnakejakw You have stated large number of patients in several studies there has only been one study that showed it could possibly slow down progression in a 50 percent success rate. Unless there was a study done with thousand
Jump to new posts Re: Persistent mid back pain by Thesnakejakw @ 10/16/17 12:20 AM

You have stated large number of patients in several studies there has only been one study that showed it could possibly slow down progression in a 50 percent success rate. Unless there was a study done with thousands of people I lack the knowledge o
Jump to new posts Re: Persistent mid back pain by NotMeToo @ 10/15/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Thesnakejakw You can also argue that biologics are just the same as muscle relaxers and narcotics as they are also not proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they do stop the disease there is only a chance that it will, No. T
Jump to new posts Re: anyone getting by without a biologic by Thesnakejakw @ 10/15/17 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BellaShadeI am only taking ibuprofen. I saw a new rheumatologist last week and looking at my new x-rays and blood work he thinks biologics are an unnecessary risk. You have to realize I've had a s for about 35 years. I already h
Jump to new posts Re: anyone getting by without a biologic by BellaShade @ 10/14/17 12:21 PM

I am only taking ibuprofen. I saw a new rheumatologist last week and looking at my new x-rays and blood work he thinks biologics are an unnecessary risk. You have to realize I've had a s for about 35 years. I already have lots and lots of skeletal da
Jump to new posts Re: Pain Contracts? by WhiteCell @ 10/14/17 09:32 AM

The ironic thing is that contracts create a reality where patients will contemplate other and unlawful ways to obtain drugs in order to avoid the contract. The good news is that several states have dropped the intrusive search requirement. For myself
Jump to new posts Re: Tendinitis in the head and neck by Banana @ 10/14/17 09:15 AM

Years ago, where there were only three biologicals a doctor told me there was no other options. I went to a big city (hospital for special surgery in NYC) and that doctor using the same meds changed the combo which helped a lot until there were more
Hi Maioli, I don't know if I can be helpful or not, but here goes. My twin sister began having significant dizziness a few years ago. All the initial testing was normal and she kept getting referred to different doctors, as you have. Eventually sh
Jump to new posts Re: Newly diagnosed looking for opinions/feedback by Tulipan @ 10/13/17 03:17 PM

I feel for you because what you're going through is similar to what I went through 30 years ago when nobody could give me a diagnosis. I took sulfasalazine for the first several years after being diagnosed with AS, but that was back before biologics.
Hi Nicole B, No worries if you don't have a diagnosis I am welcoming any and all feedback. As far as AS being autoimmune or auto inflammatory from what I've read no one's really positive, but it may be both (I think one article I read said it is mos
Jump to new posts Re: Weird Question by kglenn @ 10/13/17 01:51 PM

Kris44-- Of course I'm not sure why the doctor asked about these things, but regarding the hands, one thought might be Raynaud's phenomenon. RP is when your fingers turn white/blue/red in response to cold (due to blood vessels spasms). Primary RP
Jump to new posts Re: Weird Question by Banana @ 10/13/17 01:30 PM

Probably doesn't mean much. Could be checking if you might have sleep apnea or might his wife might snore. The painting, might be wondering how you use your hands. Sometimes it means nothing, but maybe someone else has a better idea.
Jump to new posts Weird Question by Kris44 @ 10/13/17 12:41 PM

So, I had rheumy appt a couple days ago and was thinking back on it. While examining me, doc was looking at my back and poking around tender spots and then asked if I snored. I said, yes, but didn't ask why he was asking. Then when he was examinin
Jump to new posts Re: Persistent mid back pain by Kris44 @ 10/13/17 12:26 PM

I usually have lower back pain, but 3 days ago woke with mid back pain. It hurts more when I breathe in and was more on the left side, s I figured costochronditis. However, the mid back pain is almost constant now and moves up my neck. I didn't do
Jump to new posts Re: Pain Contracts? by kitkat203 @ 10/13/17 10:17 AM

Unfortunately these drug contracts are becoming the norm,and doctors in general will not prescribe long term pain meds without them. My Rheumatologist is a very caring and compassionate person with whom I have a great relationship. I still was requir
Jump to new posts Re: Tendinitis in the head and neck by kjb @ 10/13/17 08:35 AM

I suffer from severe tension headaches as well, and this sounds like them. I take Flexerol before I go to bed to help relax. It helps keep them at bay, but it does not eliminate them. When I first started it, I was out of work for a few days and I to
Jump to new posts Re: Cognitive issues by kjb @ 10/13/17 08:29 AM

Thank you all for the feedback, I am going to see if I can see a neurologist, as I feel like something else might be going on. Although the chronic explanation certainly makes sense. I assume some of it may be the extreme fatigue too. Maybe I will w
Jump to new posts Re: Tendinitis in the head and neck by WhiteCell @ 10/13/17 07:26 AM

Sounds like a tension headache exacerbated by AS. My 1st suggestion would be heat like one of the neck bead pillows one puts in the microwave. Constant pain tightens all the muscles reduces oxygen exchange and produce more inflammation. The first st
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2