Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: New here! and a Question by schoonerj @ 05/24/17 07:09 PM

Thanks Ginny for confirming. Nicole, sounds like there are a number of things to discuss with your rheumatologist. I hope you can get some some answers. I am very new to this and find myself questioning everything.
Jump to new posts Re: biologic suggestions please by KayF @ 05/24/17 07:05 PM

Thanks ya'll Well I just got home from rheumy. about had a melt down when I went to tell him how I felt. he suggested I take the cymbalta he told me to take months ago. i am goin to give it a try also he wants to continue with one more remicade infus
Jump to new posts Different classification systems? by Nicole_B @ 05/24/17 05:40 PM

Hello all! First of all, thank you very much to those who have answered my (many) questions so far. It feels very good to be heard by someone, especially people who can empathize. I have had so many questions so I hope I am not overwhelming people -
Careers, Jobs & Spondylitis
Jump to new posts Re: tell HR or don't tell HR? by SouthernMoss @ 05/24/17 12:35 PM

Employers are required to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other legislation designed to protect people with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable job accommodations to people with disabilities. Reasonable accommod
Jump to new posts Re: New here! and a Question by SouthernMoss @ 05/24/17 11:57 AM

Yes, mouth sores can be related to SpA.
Jump to new posts Re: Symptoms familiar to anyone else? by SouthernMoss @ 05/24/17 11:53 AM

Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is by definition a spinal disease, affecting your spine and sacroiliac joints. It can also affect peripheral joints in addition to the spine & pelvis. But if you don't have spinal symptoms, you most likely don't have A
Jump to new posts Re: Is mobic safe? by SouthernMoss @ 05/24/17 11:34 AM

Worldofme, I'm glad the mobic is helping. As to its safety long-term, you need to discuss that with your doctors, especially your rheumatologist and your cardiologist. Also, you should be getting regular blood work to keep tabs on any effects the mob
Jump to new posts Re: New here! and a Question by schoonerj @ 05/24/17 11:18 AM

I didn't realize canker sores could be related to AS. I just did some searching and sure enough it is a fairly common symptom. I get them multiple times a year and never gave it thought. I would say it is worth mentioning.
Jump to new posts Re: Biologic stops working right away? by Banana @ 05/24/17 11:09 AM

Give it a chance, it can take months to build up. Good luck
Jump to new posts Re: biologic suggestions please by Banana @ 05/24/17 11:07 AM

opps posted twice.
Jump to new posts Re: biologic suggestions please by Banana @ 05/24/17 11:07 AM

Personally, I like the shots over the IV meds, though I have been in remission on an IV med for almost 7 years. I am thrilled to be in remission, but gosh darn the monthly IV is a hassle when planning vacations, or other life events you can't plan.
Jump to new posts Re: biologic suggestions please by schoonerj @ 05/24/17 11:00 AM

I don't have any experience with biologics yet so I can't recommend anything, but good luck today. Hopefully the doctor will be able to get you on the right track.
Jump to new posts biologic suggestions please by KayF @ 05/24/17 10:15 AM

OK folks. I am headed to rheumy today to talk to him about the remicade. as of today I am pretty sure it isnt working. the fatigue stiffness and pain are escalating daily. What other biologic or medication do any of you recomend if remicade doesnt se
Jump to new posts Re: Can you be diagnosed when not "flaring"? by jeanyus @ 05/24/17 04:03 AM

Sounds like AS or something related, with the "dimple" area and too tight feeling, as well as the fluctuating locations, and the nonspecific ache (flu like aches)
Jump to new posts Re: What is that sound popping noise in neck? by jeanyus @ 05/24/17 03:28 AM

The "popping" and "cracking" noises are pretty much constant with me now, one of the first signs (to me) that made me go to a rheumatologist years ago. Sometimes I move until I do get a "pop", because it seems to relieve
Jump to new posts Re: Symptoms familiar to anyone else? by jeanyus @ 05/24/17 03:15 AM

Sounds much like mine, especially in the early stages. I was first misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2012, then as my symptoms worsenend/intensified,another rheumatologist gave me the USpa diagnosis, Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy, related to A
Jump to new posts Re: Is mobic safe? by jeanyus @ 05/24/17 02:47 AM

I didn't even take mobic more than a few weeks, and it did nothing for me, since NSAIDS had stopped working by the time I went to a rheumatologist. I was first misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia and put on Cymbalta/duloxetine, which helped the first few
Jump to new posts Re: ok, well i will just drive off a cliff now... by jeanyus @ 05/24/17 02:29 AM

Yeah, lots of us have wanted to drive off a cliff. I guess you aren't in the USA, but UK? (the "bloody" is a giveaway)I have debates with my ex-pat friend who lives in UK married to a Brit about the pros and cons of each health system... Th
Jump to new posts Re: Is mobic safe? by Shippingnews @ 05/24/17 01:14 AM

is mobic a super strong NSAID?
Jump to new posts Re: Is mobic safe? by ahulett @ 05/24/17 12:53 AM

Like any NSAID, there are risks, such as increased risk of heart attack or stroke. I take it daily and keep that in mind, but I don't change my daily routine or anything. I do wear a medical bracelet that says see wallet card. The card lists info abo
Jump to new posts Re: New here! and a Question by Nicole_B @ 05/23/17 08:25 PM

I just realized - I think the rheumatologist asked about mouth sores which I said I hadn't had (she was asking me many questions in succession which were all no). I just realized today (because I got another one) that I have seemed to keep getting ca
Jump to new posts Re: Blood work is back??? by schoonerj @ 05/23/17 03:43 PM

Thanks John. I am trying to eat better and keeping track of what causes my symptoms to get worse. Unfortunately it looks like beer is one of that does make it worse. Wish it was broccoli or something. Jim
Jump to new posts Is mobic safe? by worldofme @ 05/23/17 07:21 AM

Recently I have been riligiously taking mobic for pain daily. This time however I made sure I'm taking it daily and not missing a dosage at all and by the way this is first time in 3 years I have taken it constantly. I take 15 MG a day. I feel great
Jump to new posts Re: Blood work is back??? by Tacitus @ 05/23/17 12:21 AM

Hey, Jim: Symptom history, X-ray diagnosis, and drug reaction all eclipse bloodwork. And, especially in Your situation, I do not believe the B27 negative result unless Fc or ELISA methods were used; the serological test is terribly flawed: >50%
Jump to new posts Re: MRI Tomorrow by schoonerj @ 05/22/17 04:39 PM

Thanks Winston! Great reference.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >