Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone just take ibuprofen only? by GardenGnome @ 08/17/17 10:33 PM

Celebrex > Ibuprofen Celebrex inhibits Cox-2 instead of Cox 1 and Cox -2 like Ibuprofen does. This makes it far easier and the mucosal linings of the digestive tract. PLatelets are nto affected by Celebrex whereas they are with Ibuprofen. Ibuprof
Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by Thesnakejakw @ 08/17/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Lewis23Swan, Also keep in mind if taking multiple medications doesn't work... aggressive treatments are sometimes only temporary fixes designed by the pharmaceutical companies to get your $$ Conventional medicine has told m
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by GardenGnome @ 08/17/17 04:56 PM

My doc will either say don't worry or go to the emergency if its above 38. They also say avoid emergency rooms at all costs if you can. I just feel stuck. I really wish they could call my pharamacy and order antibiotics or anti virals for me when thi
Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by Swan @ 08/17/17 02:11 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm actually a pretty positive person. I just get a little overwhelmed with multiple medical issues all happening at once: Prednisone, injections last Tuesday, sinus surgery yesterday (that is sinus surgery #8), a knee surgery in the
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by SouthernMoss @ 08/17/17 11:35 AM

As long as the fever is low grade, I would normally wait and call the doctor the next day. A few hours delay won't hurt anything, and you don't have to actually be running fever at the moment you call. You could wait and see what happens tonight, t
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by GardenGnome @ 08/17/17 10:58 AM

My fevers always happen at night or on weekends. So i cant call my doctor right away. If I wanted to speak to a doc while im having a fever it would have to be emergency room. They make such a big deal about fevers it make me nervous. I am suppoed to
Jump to new posts Re: New revolutionary type of medicines may be coming by SouthernMoss @ 08/17/17 10:30 AM

Interesting stuff!
Jump to new posts Re: Biologics and fever by SouthernMoss @ 08/17/17 10:27 AM

I don't go to the ER for low-grade fever. Usually if it's an infection I will have other symptoms, like a runny nose if it's an upper respiratory infection, or a throbbing tooth with the awful abscessed tooth I had last year. If the fever does seem t
Jump to new posts Re: Why is inflammation so hard to manage by SouthernMoss @ 08/17/17 09:50 AM

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Chronic pain can really wear you down. Fingers crossed that the Simponi will give you some relief. Let us know how the sinus surgery went and when you start the Simponi.
Jump to new posts New revolutionary type of medicines may be coming by GardenGnome @ 08/17/17 01:25 AM

There is a new type of medicines in clinical trials currently called nano medicines. They are for autoimmune diseases. This may lead to cures or at least treatments of the diseases without lowering the immune system. Two major pharmaceutical companie
Jump to new posts Biologics and fever by GardenGnome @ 08/17/17 01:16 AM

I know that when you get a fever when you are on biologics it can be an emergency. However, not every fever is an emergency and many are not infections at all just flares etc. I got out of the shower today and my face was all red blotchy like a heat
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2