Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Thankfulness by SouthernMoss @ 03/17/17 05:16 PM

Welcome Kris44. I'm glad you have a plan, and I hope you can find answers for your legs and sleeping difficulties. I too am grateful for this site. I felt so isolated when I was first diagnosed because I had never heard of spondyloarthritis and didn
Jump to new posts Re: How do I get MTX? Doc wants me to take TNF blocker by SouthernMoss @ 03/17/17 05:11 PM

Welcome, Ucla08. Sorry you had reason to join us. I'm glad you have found some relief from your pain. It's easy to stay in denial and hope things will get better on their own. The danger in that thinking is that the longer you wait, the more chance
Jump to new posts Re: Darkened finger joints? by Ucla08 @ 03/17/17 03:21 PM

Is skin darkening a thing that happens in arthritis flares? I got reactive arthritis in my knees about 10 years ago after a bout of bronchitis. Since then, I get flares periodically. I've been having one the last few weeks and a few days ago noticed
I'm new here, and new to arthritis/AS so I don't have much to contribute other than, "Me too!" I just started seeing a rheumatologist and they said it was probably AS but doesn't look too severe. After a recent flare, they said it was more
Jump to new posts Thankfulness by Kris44 @ 03/17/17 11:06 AM

Have been reading messages over last 6 months and became member in last week. I was officially dx with AS about a year ago and it's taken a while to come to terms with it. I have had spinal pain since I was 15 years old and flares on and off. When
Women Only Message Board
Jump to new posts Re: Monthly pain for 3 days by Kris44 @ 03/17/17 11:01 AM

I definitely get greater pain in the week prior to my period. From my reading, hormone fluctuations definitely effect arthritis. That is why there is such an increase in dx of rheumatoid arthritis in women post menopausal, because estrogen helps bu
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone with constant spine pain? by Winston @ 03/17/17 08:43 AM

worldofme, you keep asking the same questions over and over and over again. Not just on this site but on others. We keep giving you the same answers because they are the only answers. You have a disease that is likely not going away. You need to find
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone with constant spine pain? by sdot @ 03/17/17 08:06 AM

Great, now he is going to lock himself in his house forever. worldofme may be a hypochondriac, and that would explain everything. Kind of reminds me of my mother. Imagine this as a plot twist. He doesn't have AS. He stumbled across this site on
Jump to new posts Re: Just your Humble opinions by Banana @ 03/17/17 08:00 AM

Give Humira more time, and perhaps if other joints are still bothing you perhaps add another med. AT least 6 months for full effect. Good luck, and I know how distracting knee pain can be. You get afraid of tripping too. Sorry. Anna
Jump to new posts Re: Popping in spine by Tacitus @ 03/16/17 09:41 PM

Hello, ccj: Anything that stimulates lymph circulation is good, especially walking and castor oil packs; have not experienced dry brushing but it is probably safe. Main thing is to eliminate any residual inflammation well before fusion fixes the in
Jump to new posts Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? by Shippingnews @ 03/16/17 05:20 PM

PM'd you. Thanks!
Jump to new posts stay away from stem cell therapies by Shippingnews @ 03/16/17 05:12 PM

Just wanted to post this as a warning to those who might be considering it: Patients Lose Sight After Stem Cells Are Injected Into Their Eyes https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/health/eyes-stem-cells-injections.html Although it may not be the eyes
Jump to new posts Re: Popping in spine by ccj @ 03/16/17 06:47 AM

Thanks for the response Tacitus! Do you have any idea if working on improving the lymph system (i.e. dry brushing) would stop or lessen the popping? I am a firm believer in being as proactive as I can....exercise, diet,.....(with as little meds as p
Jump to new posts Re: Popping in spine by Tacitus @ 03/16/17 01:27 AM

Hello, ccj: The popping in spine is "crepitus," which is caused by the sudden relocation of trapped CO2, a byproduct of inflammation of a volume which cannot be absorbed by the blood/lymph locally. Hard to mount sneak attacks, when we an
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3