Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Starting Humira tomorrow! by Miguelito @ Yesterday at 06:35 PM

Just an update. Doing very good, but I wanted to mention that I changed from the pen to the syringe and it is far less painful and I don't dread it anymore. Go for the syringe, no question.
Jump to new posts Re: New Hip soon......... by Miguelito @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

Investigate hip resurfacing. I had both mine done with Dr. Gross. Better than THR, no question. Mike
Jump to new posts Re: DNA testing, anyone? AS genes besides HLA-B27. by Banana @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

There is an article in the most recent issue of SAA, which I have not read yet. I know there are bits of genes and they are finding more and more. Be sure to keep a rheumy or an internist in the loop, because mine came and went mildly for 20 some
Jump to new posts Re: Newly diagnosed with peripheral spondyloarthritis by WhiteCell @ Yesterday at 07:56 AM

AS has many presentations. Many are insidious and take a long time to reveal themselves. Pain and decreasing mobility (chest expansion, bending etc) were predictive long before newer technologies arrived on the scene. A good Rheum knew how to differe
Jump to new posts Re: New here! and a Question by Nicole_B @ Yesterday at 02:05 AM

Thank you for the advice Tacitus! I will definitely look into the diet thing. As for the soft-tissue injuries, they have all begun while I was consistently exercising in some way that could cause such an injury, and some of them were a relatively s
Jump to new posts Re: Positive AS stories by Milisdowered @ 04/22/17 10:50 AM

hi everyone... and thanks... just wanted to say that i just got diagnosed and that i search for information. whatever the case, i found this thread full of positive stories which gave me hope. thanks guys... i know that hope is sometimes more importa
Jump to new posts Re: New IL 17 drugs hits the market by CB in CA @ 04/21/17 02:49 PM

My Rheumatologist is the investigator for the study on Taltz. The paperwork says this: The objective is to find out whether ixekizumab can help patients with radiographic axial spondyloarthritis, how often ixekizumab should be given to patients an
Jump to new posts Re: Life is not good. Who to turn? by ElinAslanyan @ 04/21/17 02:44 PM

Hi all, jumping in and locking the topic. I think any potential productive and educational value of it has been met at this point.
thanks man i thought i deleted all instances of it. It was on there 5x. heh. What I am not understanding is that they are still saying that I PROBABLY, man i hate that word, had a large stone stuck and it passed. All imaging showed a single tiny ston
Athletes Against AS - Tips For Staying Active With AS
Jump to new posts Re: Yoga? by sjb @ 04/21/17 08:21 AM

Thank you both so much for your responses. I appreciate the advice and support.
Jump to new posts Re: What's left after all these drugs? by Headunderwater @ 04/20/17 04:16 PM

Thanks so much for this advice! It's nice to bounce this stuff off other people.
Jump to new posts Re: is MTX really just for peripheral symptoms by Ucla08 @ 04/19/17 07:07 PM

Okay, I'm no expert but I am a researcher by training and I've been trying to educate myself on the AS research and just wanted to jump in about MTX having no role in the tx of AS since I've seen this elsewhere. In their 2015 paper ( American Coll
Jump to new posts Re: Cosentyx by CB in CA @ 04/19/17 02:26 PM

Joining in late to this discussion.. I wonder how you have all done this past year on Cosentyx. My Rhuemy told me yesterday that despite not having any flares these past 7 years and not much pain, my spine xrays from last year to now prove somethin
Jump to new posts Re: referral for Physical therapist in San Jose, CA by Shippingnews @ 04/19/17 09:00 AM

Thanks sdot. I am good . How are you? Things have been the same with me, I am in crippling pain most of the time when I am awake. I went for Epidural last month, hoping it would work, but it did not. Only when I sleep after taking Lyrica and melatoni
Jump to new posts Re: Odd ongoings by Ken Delano @ 04/19/17 08:10 AM

Keep in mind that chronic fatigue is also a side effect of AS. Health care. I am very fortunate to have the Veterans Administration taking care of me. Specifically the VA Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN. So I have no dog in the health care fight h
Jump to new posts Re: Arteritis more common with AS? by onlywhenilaugh @ 04/19/17 06:23 AM

I have heard that we are more likely to get other autoimmune disorders, but I am not sure of a direct connection to arteritis. I have had many symptoms of arteritis, but short of doing a biopsy on my arteries they are unable to give a proper dx. I w
When I had issue they didn't find anything with the colonoscopy but then when they did an endoscopy and colonoscopy that is how the found my gastro bug. After the anti-biotics, I used a drug called Librax that helped very much with the gastro issues
Jump to new posts Re: New here! by tdggal1980 @ 04/17/17 04:20 PM

This is why I am confused; how can something show on the X-ray but not the MRI? I thought it took years to see damage on the x-ray! Doesn't make sense to me. I thought I was finally getting somewhere but back to square one I guess!
Jump to new posts Re: severe lack of appetite by sdot @ 04/17/17 02:12 PM

I was just going to field the same question. I have your answer, but it may not be what you are looking for due to location, beliefs, etc. I basically have lost a crazy amount of weight in a little time and have lost my appetite. I have used medica