Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Men Only Message Board
01/19/18 09:01 AM
I don’t have this kind of chest pain, but I know someone who does and he recently just made the connection that the pain occurs when he’s dehydrated, like after a lot of activity on a hot day or on days he wakes up with a hangover. I don’t know if drinking more water will w...
see more
4,420 Views · 10 Comments
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
01/19/18 02:52 AM
I have rampant progressing AS and terrible pain and stiffness.... and my inflammatory markers on the blood tests are always normal. It is a well known AS phenomenon, so unfortunately those guidelines are definitely not up to date. They caught the AS on some of your imaging, ev...
see more
441 Views · 9 Comments
01/19/18 01:55 AM
This was a new one for me. Little finger on the left hand I woke up on morning and it was stuck in the locked position. I was able to open it and it did recur each night. Uncomfortable because painful over 2 months. During that time, I tried hand exercises, heat and Aspercreme ...
see more
15 Views · 0 Comments
01/19/18 12:33 AM
I don't like doing this, but our healthcare "system" in the United States is completely dysfunctional and incentivizes inefficient behavior. I use Humira as a weapon to slice through my massive deductible. I pay for the medicine out of pocket with my credit card and t...
see more
553 Views · 24 Comments
01/19/18 12:25 AM
For me, Humira did not kick in at once. The improvement was very gradual and it took 3-4 months to get full effect. There are some people who see immediate improvement after just one or two shots, but I don't think that's as common. So don't get discouraged if it takes a while to...
see more
54 Views · 2 Comments
01/18/18 11:44 PM
Thanks for the responses. The X-rays my Rheumatologist ordered showed almost nothing out of the ordinary and my SI joints looked normal. Funnily enough it was the x-rays of my feet that showed the most signs of joint inflammation even though my foot pain is sporadic and very mild...
see more
340 Views · 6 Comments
01/17/18 04:50 PM
My pain is mostly between my left shoulder and spine and is sometimes sensitive to touch. My physical therapist eventually gave up as we couldn't find a mechanical reason for my pain and the exercises weren't helping. Perhaps I should try a different PT....
see more
401 Views · 9 Comments
01/17/18 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by WinstonMy Enbrel has to be re-authorized every year. It's not by calendar year though. It's one year from the date of the last authorization. Same for me with Humira....
see more
104 Views · 4 Comments
01/17/18 02:30 AM
^^ that is for sure Winston I agree. In most cases it often takes an xray. My son got denied an MRI for a bad ankle sprain because he went to a university health center and they didn't know the right buttons to press despite the ER doc ordering an xray. Fortunately it wasn't a...
see more
245 Views · 6 Comments
01/16/18 08:16 PM
I've been injecting mtx for 13 years. I get way less stomach upset than the pills, but I still get side effects from it. It provides so much pain relief for me though, that I've had to learn to live with the side effects (or take other meds to decrease them). The needle is very ...
see more
138 Views · 6 Comments
01/16/18 02:20 AM
Hello, Jeffn: I was diagnosed in 1978 (age 27) and avoided drugs for a decade by fasting on occasion, but I practically begged for a new hip but that old orthopedic surgeon said I might go with someone else, but he would not recommend surgery for me and said I should get rid of ...
see more
152 Views · 4 Comments
01/15/18 08:37 PM
HI all, just wondering if anybody has dermographism or urticaria in addition to their AS. Just wondering if there any links on the allergy fronts to the disease....
see more
72 Views · 0 Comments
01/15/18 03:57 PM
Stiffness can get better or worse, depending on your inflammation levels. Per a video that I just watched of a lecture by Dr John Reveille, a noted AS researcher, we all have two HLA-B antigens. You are HLA-B27 positive with just one. They are not dominant and recessive. You eit...
see more
350 Views · 10 Comments
01/15/18 02:50 PM
It's certainly possible that he had AS. It's also possible that he had severe osteoarthritis, or some other form of joint disease. And he could have had more than one condition. Having AS does not preclude you from developing other forms of joint disease. What diagnosis/diagnos...
see more
147 Views · 3 Comments
01/15/18 12:15 AM
Frequently many of us have symptoms which don't follow a traditional pattern or reveal themselves as classic signs however we have many similar if not identical symptoms given your presentation. Pain in the absence of surgical like possibilities would suggest that AS should be co...
see more
130 Views · 1 Comments
01/13/18 08:47 AM
Hello, GIMPY22: I have never done a "bone broth" fast, but I have fasted hundreds of times because of AS. My longest fast was 20 days and typical one about 6 days. I do not "think" that fasting works; I know with absolute numerical certainty it works: My E...
see more
206 Views · 9 Comments
01/12/18 12:41 PM
Thank you so much for your replies. This week I will note how long and to what degree I’m stiff. I really don’t know. What I do know is that it is worse after a long nights sleep (8 hours vs 6) and. Also, that it is not to an intense level where medication is needed or I’m...
see more
193 Views · 5 Comments