Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
Jump to new posts Re: Sigh...probably moving on to Cosentyx by Banana @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

There is a super folic acid, a different process which works better. Levorcoran (sp?) Also, I injected it--much less side effects than pills. Keep your head up, you will find the right combination...and I am very sorry you are suffering. I know e
Jump to new posts Re: All things considered, what is my best option? by Banana @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

The odds for cancer are very low, in fact the odds for getting cancer are higher by not treating it. The first cancer numbers were from people who had no treatment for many years. Now that people are getting treated early, the cancer rate has droppe
Jump to new posts Re: What is a good result by Winston @ Yesterday at 01:21 PM

The biologic drugs affect different people differently. Some people do experience near-total pain relief. Others have to combine the biologic with other drugs, such as methotrexate (which might help your feet and knees, btw) or NSAIDs to gain relief.
Jump to new posts Worth a try by sdot @ Yesterday at 08:58 AM

I was on this website a few weeks ago and saw this back brace thing dirt cheap. It's like a brace for posture, similar to what I used when i was younger and used to weight life. It just came today, and it is great for keeping you reminded to keep yo
Jump to new posts Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? by Shippingnews @ 03/28/17 08:16 PM

@Cake: I took gabapentin, then moved on to Lyrica(currently taking 150 mg(night) and 50mg(morning),from last 2-3 months or more, in between also took cymbalta(from which I had side effects,delusional, so had to discontinue), I also use Lidocaine patc
Jump to new posts Re: New Hip soon......... by Ken Delano @ 03/28/17 05:53 PM

During the healing it will of course. After that no. Fact it should if anything help.
Young Adults - The 20-Something Club
Jump to new posts Re: New on Humira by Ericsmom @ 03/28/17 11:54 AM

Hi- I don't blame you for being nervous. It is a lot to take in! I am the Mom of a 21 year old who has been first on Enbrel and now on Humira for about 10 years. He has been very lucky that Humira continues to work well for him and as a result he is
Jump to new posts Re: When you are severely deformed.... by Ken Delano @ 03/28/17 03:29 AM

I try and find humor becca or some sort of positive.Such as "well at least it's not as bad as......". Works for me for the most part. For me allot of it is mental. If I keep thinking negative thoughts it will keep me down but if I think pos
Jump to new posts Re: AS with Kung fu WUT? by Ken Delano @ 03/27/17 02:14 PM

I suggest talking with your Dr(s) first. Like Ginny pointed out damage could be done. Bone density can be an issue for Spondy's. I had to stop doing certain things in my late 30's/early 40's due to Osteoporosis.
Athletes Against AS - Tips For Staying Active With AS
Jump to new posts Re: Another new dx, getting back to running question by GeorgeUPS @ 03/25/17 08:57 PM

I have been told repeatedly to stop running, do less. Its probably the right move for my body, but not for my soul/psyche. I now look at running/exercise in a different light. When I workout, I go into it not knowing how I will feel, so if I feel
I've definitely been trying to educate myself about all of the options. It's a balance of course between educating yourself vs scaring yourself vs just over whelming yourself with information : ) I was hoping that I could just figure this all out re
Alternative Treatment / Diet Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Supplements by an0thermike @ 03/24/17 04:23 PM

This is an old post but I'll throw my hat into the ring on this. I believe that a lot of my arthritis pain stems from digestive issues. So I take supplements that target digestion. List: Psyllium husk fiber l-glutamine aloe vera capsules peppermint
Jump to new posts Re: Cosentyx by Bella22 @ 03/23/17 04:13 AM

My doctor recently suggested I research Consentyx to see if I wanted to switch to this med from humeira. Recent postings on this site did not provide promising results from others suffering with AS. Try going to the search button in the upper right