Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
04/19/19 05:00 AM
It's very possible she is unable to get all her mail delivered everyday. Their first priority is Amazon packages. They all have to be delivered the day they are loaded on the truck. They will stop delivering mail, if they have to, to make sure all the Amazon delivered. They just bring back whatever mail is not delivered and try again the next day. It is a nationwide problem right now. Those drivers are being terribly abused right now by Management. Some are working seven days a week just to keep up. Vacations are being denied as well depending on how backed up they are at the DDU (Destination Delivery Unit--your local Post Office). She probably needs some encouragement right now. I saw one Ex USPS guy on YouTube who has PTSD from combat in Iraq. He was so stressed out from work that his PTSD was getting out of control. The VA Doctor sent a note to his Manager telling them to cut back his hours and not make him work seven days a week and his Manager told him "its not happening here." He had to get his Union Boss involved and they finally followed the orders. He actually had to quit because of it. I have been in the Logistics Industry for 30 years and stay up to date on what is going on.
638 637,972 Read More
04/18/19 11:04 PM
Thanks to your post I checked with my MD here in Washington. Insurance companies and hospitals speak the language of "risk". If you are already at a high dose it would be prudent for the hospital to avoid risk of switching. If your doctor will support it, I would get an inexpensive attorney in my pocket. That also increases their level of "risk" which is the word in their mind for money. Creating an exception for you cost's them less than a problem. Keep us up to date please.
4 87 Read More
04/18/19 03:58 AM
Much better than the the Alzheimer's forum. Everyone logs in only once.
12 585 Read More
04/16/19 07:40 PM
Hi Jacruz, any update from the MRI? Whatever the diagnosis is, I hope you find an effective treatment plan. Kind regards, Rich
5 367 Read More
04/16/19 12:48 PM
I was just given my medical marijuana card. I am still in the figure out what works for me phase. As I want something that I can use and still function at work. So far I have found it makes me giggle then want to sleep, but the pain has not been relieved.
Again there are so many options, I am sure I will find something that works, but it is expensive as insurance does not cover it.
3 217 Read More
04/15/19 01:13 PM
ER? Notice what? I asked my Rheum for pred as I was hoping to move to a diff biologic and needed a little something in between, but realistically I knew that it wasn't going to work as nothing works for the pain, so I just needed it to help switch into my more productive and fun loving manic side.

You have to realize, the only people who care about us, are ourselves and whoever can make a profit from disease and disease control. That is it.
8 458 Read More
04/15/19 12:57 PM
I got diagnosed in 2015 and it has been a nightmare. I would run for politics if I knew that I would be able to win and send the whole ministry of health to the gulags.
5 261 Read More
04/15/19 12:54 PM
Pros - You're on an expensive drug that is supposed to help.

Cons - The drug is so expensive and someone else has to decide if you should suffer or not if you don't have deep pockets or a great medical plan.
8 244 Read More
04/15/19 12:53 PM
I get it, but probably due to other issues. One theory that was told to me by a doctor is that this may be due to allergies. I have never had allergies before, however I was told that this disease wreaks havoc on you and any little issues you had may be worse or you may pick up some sensitivity... so that may be a clue, not sure...

I would imagine if your ribcage was fused, it would probably hurt to breath in larges breaths.
1 74 Read More
04/15/19 11:21 AM
My take is that most doctors don't understand this disease and the pain it causes. Most often you hear stories about AS people being told by their doctors that the pain is in their heads, or physio will stop the pain.

For my doctor to give me Naproxen over Tylenol was a struggle, and when I requested Diclofenac to see if it would handle the pain better, I was treated like I was a junkie trying to get my hands on meth or something.
2 181 Read More