Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Message Board for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Related Diseases
11/21/17 03:28 PM
Just as an update, I explained what was going on to my family doctor and he sent me on a cardiology referral. How long I have to wait will depend on how they prioritize my problem. The family doctor said they would probably put me on a holter monitor for a bit to get an idea of w...
see more
219 Views · 8 Comments
11/21/17 02:38 PM
Absolutely. I will have such severe pain in my hips that I can only hobble - I will get on my bicycle and within minutes I am painfree. If I don't stretch/yoga a few times a week, stiffness is way worse. I have to go out and walk after resting or sitting for only an hour. Walki...
see more
290 Views · 6 Comments
11/21/17 02:17 PM
Thank you for the advice, I will definitely find some baby wipes etc. I had already decided to do the more expensive split prep, so I'm glad to hear corroborating evidence that it is worth it!...
see more
218 Views · 9 Comments
11/20/17 06:28 AM
Update: Saw the orthopedic doctor (I guess that's what you call the doctor who prescribes physical therapy? anyway it's the same guy) to discuss my feeling of faintness etc. Told him that stopping the chlorzoxazone helped somewhat, but that I was feeling strange after the cervica...
see more
260 Views · 8 Comments
11/18/17 04:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Ginny. To give someone with liver damage Tylenol strikes me as odd. Tylenol is more hepatotoxic than NSAIDs are, in general. I'd definitely have a conversation about that with the doctor before taking the Tylenol....
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
11/17/17 03:49 PM
Hi worldofme, My pain is also all day everyday the level of pain is the only thing that has varied since this all started so I think it can be "normal" to feel that way with this condition. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!...
see more
190 Views · 2 Comments
11/16/17 01:06 AM
I have a permanent stiff neck, unfortunately. Try to keep it moving if you can; the alternative is not pleasant (though I've adapted). I really recommend a good memory foam pillow. Try a bunch; you don't want one that is too tall. I use the low side of the contoured ones...
see more
169 Views · 1 Comments
11/15/17 11:01 AM
I am also living in Germany, 100 km away from Frankfurt. I was diagnosed by an orthopedist 14 months ago as I was visiting him about my right shoulder pain. He prescribed Indomethacin and no further appointment. I dumped him and changed doctor, found a good rheumatologist who pr...
see more
695 Views · 17 Comments
11/14/17 07:37 PM
Hey Rumble, How you feeling? Im probably going to be getting off the cosentyx. Im almost on month three but I cant take it anymore. While I have had about a 20% improvement with stiffness. I feel the following sensation of passing out Candida infection 20 pound weight loss(18...
see more
32,187 Views · 74 Comments