Print Thread
Pain
#216008 08/28/11 04:50 AM
S
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
I was wondering if any of you gals had these symptoms or if you might know what is causing them. I am hurting right above the pelvic area, into my abdomen. It is in the center not the side. It is a sharp hurting pain. Just now when I got up from my bed, it felt like someone was taking a knife and spliting me in half. Thanks so much!

Mollie
Humira every other week, Morphine 1x3daily, Gabapentin 3x2 daily, Hydrocodone as needed, Cymbalta 1x2 daily, Trazodone 3 at bedtime, Fish Oil, Calcium. Diagnosed around 1985.
Re: Pain
StarFire #216021 08/28/11 02:55 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Have you felt anything bad in this area before? Seems to me it could be a few things that I've experienced- myofascial trigger point in one of your abdominal muscles, or something going on with your intestines. How far down from your belly button are you talking about? I'm not sure which organs would be in the area you describe.

Mary, 25, happily married pro photographer, momma to 2 great danes.
Dx: Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, Sjogren's, IBS, Hiatal Hernia, & possible Endometriosis.
Meds: Stelara, Methotrexate, Relafen, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Tizanidine, Voltaren Gel, Tramadol
iviary #216037 08/29/11 12:11 AM
S
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
No I have never felt this pain before. It is way below the belly button, right above the pelvic area. Thats what I thought it might be. But I thought of it as a pulled abdominal muscle.
Thanks for your help!!

Mollie
Humira every other week, Morphine 1x3daily, Gabapentin 3x2 daily, Hydrocodone as needed, Cymbalta 1x2 daily, Trazodone 3 at bedtime, Fish Oil, Calcium. Diagnosed around 1985.
StarFire #216054 08/29/11 02:14 AM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I have sharp pain sometimes on my right side, lower pelvic area. For years they thought it was my appendix or my ovary, however, an orthopedic MD told me that there are muscles that run from the lower back down through the groin area and then up the abdomen. I have terrible lower back pain and an old hip injury and when it would bother me-- I had the pain on the right lower side abdomen as well..... not sure if it helps, but if you are an AS person...it could be ligament/muscle related.

Melissa in NC--43 yo working mother of 2 elementary kids and wife to a great hubby!

Dx: AS in 2009, moderately severe uveitis,gastroparesis.

Humira 40mg (twice a month), Methotrexate 20mg, Flexeril, Ibuprofen, Prilosec, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and anti-inflammatory eye drops.
mel2nc #216094 08/29/11 08:11 PM
S
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Yes Melissa I am an AS person. I was thinking that it might be something along those lines.

I notice that you are in NC. I am also. What part are you from? I am an hours drive from Raleigh.

Thanks so much for your input!

Mollie

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard