Spondylitis Association of America
I have been getting a red raw painful rash in the crease of my thigh, and under my boobs for years. My sister has a similar problem. I was told that this could potentially be a form of psoriasis. It lacks the scaling I have always associated with psoriasis, so I am unsure and it will be a while before I can see a dermatologist. Has anyone else had similar issues? If so did you ever get to see a dr about it?
Yes, it is possibly psoriasis. Plaque, while the most common form (and what I have), is only one of about 5 types. For that matter, mine doesn't always rock the scale and it has also gone pustular once. In short, it can have different presentations. Here's a brief synopsis:

http://www.psoriasis.org/netcommunity/sublearn01_typesps

Is it possibly inverse psoriasis?

Definitely see a dermatologist. If you can't get an appointment while it's active, at least take a picture so you can show it to them whenever you do go in. I have a steroid cream that helps me a lot with mine. Depending on the severity, there are plenty of other treatment options as well. There's no need to suffer without treatment! Even if it's a different skin condition, most have some kind of treatment available.

Could be either eczema or psoriasis... see a derm.
I am trying to get in to see my derm, I usually only go once a year, and he stays pretty booked up. I am not due in for another 6 months. i will take a picture when it flairs up, I hadn't thought of that (duh) I was trying to figure out how to get in to see the dr when it was active, but that makes sense. Thanks ladies
Let us know what you find out. I get rashes on my breasts and in other locations also. Old rheumy thought it might be inverse psoriasis at first, but dermatologist diagnosed me with allergic contact dermatitis. Seems I may be allergic to elastic, especially if it is dyed (dark blues really seem to bother me). I used to get the rash around my waistline too and occasionally on my legs, especially when wearing knee high socks or pantyhose. I now mostly just wear all-white, cotton undergarments, mostly with fabric covered bands and no nylons anymore. That has seemed to help. Recently, I wore an old, gray colored stretchy sports bra, which seemed to have triggered a bad breakout on the bottom and side of my left breast. My rheumy saw it today and said I should definitely be tested for elastic allergy, and she agreed that it didn't look like psoriasis to her.
My PCP is contemplating inverse psoriasis. I don't use bras with latex elastic in them ( i am allergic to latex) I also typically go braless when I can, I wear the snug fitting cami's instead. I have surgial scars right where the center of my bra sits, which can be easily irritated if I am not careful. I also don't wear undies for the same reasons. I have surgical scars on my belly, and if I have a rash flairing up the cuff on undies can really irritate my skin. I have found that "boy shorts" style undies are pretty comfy, and don't have that irritating cuff that most traditional undies have.
Hi my name is Teri and I joined. Just diagnosed 8-8-11.I get a ras too along my undies line. And I use "Lanican, anti-chaffing" It helps 100% of the time. Good luck to u and I hop this helps.
I got a rash under my boob for the first time after using avara. Now when ever I use voltaren gel (not pennsaid that's fine to use) it flares up. As long as I try to keep it real dry it does ok. But it is always there. It doesn't look like psoriasis, I'm not sure what it is. I may show my rheumy at my next visit.

I too do not wear bras. My costochondritis is so bad wearing one hurts quite bad. So I just don't.
The only thing I can think of is to put on some cortisone cream. That can usually clear up most rashes.
I had an issue recently in the crease of my thigh and tried cortisone, which didn't help. What did help was Columbia Antiseptic Powder. I found it at a local drug store chain that carries older-time remedies. It was $9 or 10.
Amazon has it too.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_5qu0ch17sj_b
© Spondylitis Association of America - Message Boards & Forums