Spondylitis Association of America
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30945 - 03/04/06 11:08 AM Roaming Pain
RiceKrispy Offline

Loc: Canada
AS originally started in the right side of my neck. Over the last couple years, I now feel pain between my spine and the right shoulder blade and in my lower back (SI joints I'm assuming?). Anyways, it seems this pain just roams and goes from one location to the other. Does anyone else have this roaming pain?

#30946 - 03/04/06 12:13 PM Re: Roaming Pain
Cookie Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Boise, ID
Left knee.

Right-side S1.

sternum.

left hand goes numb.

neck tweeked so I can't hold my head up straight.

B-I-N-G-O!!!

You have won the AS prize.

Yes. Roaming pain and muscle spasms are the name of the game.

Diagnosed May, 2004 with undifferentiate spondy. Now have AS diagnosis. HLA-B27 negative female with no family history of spondy. Taking Mobic and Cymbalta. Discontinued Enbrel, Oct 2005.

#30947 - 03/04/06 12:16 PM Re: Roaming Pain
chattermouth73 Offline

Loc: NY
Yes, my son finds different things hurt on different days or sometime even by the hr.

#30948 - 03/04/06 12:48 PM Re: Roaming Pain
Charlie Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: UK
My symptoms also wander! Was previously l, t and c spine, with c spine being the worst. Have now added knees, ankles, shins, and fingers to the mix. :rolleyes: The latter hurt some days and not others. Or will hurt badly for just an hour (like my left ankle the other night, for no apparent reason!).

Sometimes one part of my back will hurt more than the rest. Sometimes all 3 parts hurt equally.

Seems to be one of the things that people don't understand about arthritis - each day is NOT the same.

37, Female, Psoriatic Spondylitis
www.charliefoulkes.com

#30949 - 03/04/06 04:18 PM Re: Roaming Pain
Fall of Moonbeams Offline

Loc: NH
I'm awfully relieved to read this. I thought I was crazy or that my arthritis isn't real in some way. I get roaming pains too and they happen in the same day sometimes.

Elaine

#30950 - 03/04/06 04:40 PM Re: Roaming Pain
AmphibiousWill Offline

I'm in this boat too. First it was my hips, years later my upper back and neck, then the middle of my back on the left side, then on the right.
Sometimes the pain is more localized, sometimes it's more diffuse. My heels hurt occasionally. Sometimes I'll just have a random joint start aching out of the blue.
I think this is one aspect of AS that makes diagnosis so tricky.

#30951 - 03/05/06 01:16 PM Re: Roaming Pain
JulieJ Offline

Loc: Alabama, U.S.A.
Wow. Now I'm even more convinced I have AS (I;m still not diagnosed). My lower back has consistently been the worst, but I have "roaming" pain just about everywhere at some time or another!!

I am not of this world.

#30952 - 03/05/06 01:20 PM Re: Roaming Pain
mariposa Offline
Registered Visitor

Yep. No extra charges for roaming.

My favorite is when my right knee and my left hip hurt at the same time. Makes it hard to decide which side to use the cane on.

#30953 - 03/05/06 01:33 PM Re: Roaming Pain
Mary Beth Offline
Registered Visitor

Ah yes, the fun of roaming pain!! It's kind of like the lottery; you never know just which joint(s) will come up this day, or this hour. It can roam from minute to minute.

So if walking helps my back, and helps my hips as long as I'm not wearing heavy boots, but hurts my knee--- and my knee and my back both hurt--- what should I do? Walk or rest?

At least I can say it's never boring.
43, diagnosed with AS in early 2005 and on TNF-blockers since then: They have been miracle drugs for me. On Enbrel from spring 2005 to Nov 2008. On Humira from Nov 2008 to present. Baclofen and OTC anti-inflammatories as needed.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

#30954 - 03/05/06 02:12 PM Re: Roaming Pain
debby Offline

Loc: UK
I am undiagnosed as yet, and my pain is wandersome too..i have had aching back for years, hip comes and goes, feet and knees for a few days...today its mostly been hands with knees thrown in now and then...its very weird :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved