Print Thread
new to this... #100493
09/26/06 02:14 AM
09/26/06 02:14 AM
E
ElizabethO Offline OP
ElizabethO  Offline OP
E
Hi, my name is Liz, I'm 29 and I was told today that I have reactive arthritis. I have been dealing with sever join pain for about 7 months now. Before this happened I was a very successful bar manager, making good money and living a very normal life. In march, 2 weeks before my wedding I woke up and couldn't move, my feet were swollen to an unbelievable size and red and yellow. I was misdiagnosed at an emergency care center with celulitis, the ended up in the emergency room 6 days before my wedding unable to walk or stand really. My boss had been promising me health insurance for 2 years, and I never recieved it and still have none. I ended up losing my job, and trying to get some form of state or gov help. I have been denied for state assistance, and have been unemployeed since March.I am still waiting to here from SSI. My husband, who loves me very much is working at a job making $11.00 an hour an he tries to be understanding, but he really wants me to get back into working. Which is a difficult thing for me because somedays the pain is so bad I can't open a 2 liter. and my spine hurts to the point of not being able to bend over properly. He just doesn't understand that I can't do the things I did before. And mentally somedays are very challenging. I have to decide if I want to start taking methotrexate, which brings up the issues of having children. He is over worked and under paid, and we are broke, and the stupid state and federal gov't makes everything so damn hard. And he really doesn't understand the pain I am in somedays, to the point of us getting into arguements. I am happy to be in a message board of other people who are dealing with spondyloarthritis, or are married to someone with it. It seems like it will be a good support group. And I really just needed somewhere to put what I am going through. I just wish he could understand a bit more of what a life changing disease this is. I just simply can't do the things I did 7 months ago, which really sucks because I have 12 years of restaurant managementexperience and I really loved what I did, and I was good at it. I need to figure out where to go from here......

Thanks for listening.

Re: new to this... #100494
09/26/06 09:00 PM
09/26/06 09:00 PM
Spring, TX
S
SarahC Offline
Registered Visitor
SarahC  Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Spring, TX
Elizabeth,
I suggest you post over on the General Message Board-You'll get many more replies.

My husband is the one with AS, and he is in half denial/half anger/half given up. I come here to learn everything I can about the disease, so I can understand what he's going through so I can hold us all together.

You will be given a very warm welcome over there.

Sarah

Re: new to this... #100495
09/27/06 07:26 AM
09/27/06 07:26 AM
E
ElizabethO Offline OP
ElizabethO  Offline OP
E
Thanks =)

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan