01/09/06 06:37 PM
01/09/06 06:37 PM
New York
S
Storm Offline OP
Storm  Offline OP
S

New York
I live in NY State. I am currently on SSDI. I have been training to become a flight instructor at my local airport. I got my pilot's license in March of '05 and am about half way through my instrument training.

Now the problem.

Although I have a student loan that would cover the rest of my training, the current balance is depressing in itself, let alone the final amount if I continue. I haven't flown in two months and feal like quitting. Just the thought of continuing makes my stomach hurt knowing that I'll wind up with a loan the size of a small mortgage.

Does anyone know of any programs or anything that helps people in my situation pay for schooling/student loans?

Flying has been my lifelong dream. I feal like w/out any finanial help that I would have no choice but to quit.

-Storm

I'm posting here cause I just don't know where to start. I tried searching grants on-line but theres so many I don't know where to begin or how to go about this...

Re: student loan help/grants??? #100840
01/20/06 09:05 PM
01/20/06 09:05 PM
My office is in Chicago, howev...
R
Rich Feingold Offline
Disability Attorney & Moderator
Rich Feingold  Offline
Disability Attorney & Moderator
Registered Visitor
R

My office is in Chicago, howev...
Hi, Storm; did you post this to the general board? I'm not sure what kind of program you are referring to. I guess you are planning to go back to work. As far as Social Security is concerned, if you are receiving SSDI now, you will need to report any earned income to them.

Rich

Disclaimer: Thank you for your questions. Mr. Feingold's comments are offered as a public service, are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice for any specific legal situation or problem that you may have. Please be advised that no attorney-client relationship is created between Richard Feingold and those who post to this website. If you have a legal problem, you should contact an attorney to personally discuss the matter. You may contact Mr. Feingold for resources for finding legal help. Thank you.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan