Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134665 - 02/10/09 04:14 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Ticklepingaloo]
ElinAslanyan Offline
SAA Programs Manager & Moderator
Registered Visitor

Dear Ticklepingaloo,

I would suggest posting this on the General Discussion forum as it gets the most reads and replies, and perhaps on the disability benefits forum as well.

#135553 - 02/20/09 07:55 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Ticklepingaloo]
heartsinohio Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Michigan/Ohio
Are there any support groups in SE Michigan? I am newly diagnosed, but have suffered with this for about 9 years. Thanks! Patricia

#136065 - 02/27/09 10:30 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Ticklepingaloo]
JMJ Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Fargo ND
Hello, I guess this is one of many posts that say I am also new to this disease. I have been suffering with this disease for 5 years and have always thought it too be growing pains even when I could not make it to school because I could not move. Now I am just starting the diagnosing process and hoping to find some hope and support here. Any support groups near the Fargo ND or Sioux Falls SD area. Thanks God Bless

#139277 - 04/05/09 09:05 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: JMJ]
auntiecole Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Houston
any support groups in houston?

AS fighter w/ chronic iritis, Metabolic Syndrome (Diabetes, HBP, High Cholest), PCOS

#232863 - 05/07/12 10:56 AM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Ticklepingaloo]
Saurav Offline
Registered Visitor

Can A Person Havin Spondylitis ankylosing for over 40 years be cured..??

#240963 - 09/23/12 07:03 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Melissa Velez]
Bec624 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Support Groups in Washington State?
30F, after years of pain dx w/fibro, Now newly dx with A.S. 1st Humeria injection 9/20/12. Tested neg. for gene, MRI shows spine inflammation and Bone spurs. Shoulder sugery 12/2011, for torn rotator cuff and extensive bone growth that was limiting my ROM.Symptoms pain, fatigue, blurry vision, severe kyphosis, joint swelling, low grade fevers. Graduated Nursing school 2011, back in school working on my Bachelors in Public Health at CWU, Plan to apply to medical school 2013-2014.

#266083 - 04/30/14 11:10 AM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Melissa Velez]
sayccrn Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: sc
Officially got my PSA diagnosis yesterday. I just moved to Stroudsburg, PA, so I know of no one or even a doctor up here that deals with PSA. I am assuming I got it from my father who basically has no spine left. I worry for my daughter who is 16 and already has everything I have. I think at least two of my sisters have it as well, but they won't listen to me, what do I know, right?
I also have fibro, celiac, hashimotto's Thyroidistis (fancy term for Immuniocomprosmised hypothyroid)and something going on nuero wise that no one can place. Probably another immune thing. I've been suffereing since I was a late teen early adult, about 29 years, and finally someone believed me and now I can get treated and support, if I knew how in this new place.
Thank you.
sally

#270749 - 03/23/15 02:35 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Melissa Velez]
newjoy82 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Texas
Does anyone know of any groups in the Dallas, TX area? Thanks!

Taking naproxen 500mg 2x daily, pantoprazole (so the naproxen doesn't kill my stomach), tramadol 50mg (rarely - don't like how it makes me feel) & plaquenil 200mg nightly. Gralise 1800mg & 10mg amitriptyline for migraines.

#270751 - 03/23/15 03:12 PM Re: Welcome to the Support Groups Information Forum! [Re: Melissa Velez]
RAHMBA Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan