Spondylitis Association of America
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123901 - 09/29/08 03:19 PM Pain in pubic bone...
Kiera Offline
Registered Visitor

I feel so stupid asking this, but I have had pain in my vagina area on and off for some time now. It feels like it is coming from my pubic/pelvis bone. (not sure if that is what it is called.)

I guess I was just wondering if anyone else gets pain in the vagina area, and if anyone knows what it is....

Kiera

#123902 - 09/29/08 03:47 PM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: Kiera]
Cindy Lou Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Waynesboro, PA
Kiera, no need to feel stupid about asking a question. I've had this pain too. While it isn't all the time, I have had it. I've talked to several different Drs. and nobody can give me an answer. I just say that it's in my sitting bones.

I wish I could help you or give you advice, sorry this is all I can tell you.

#123906 - 09/29/08 04:07 PM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: Cindy Lou]
greenshampoo Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Pennsylvania
Have you had x-rays of the actual hip joint? I know I get groin pain and when my doctor ordered x-rays he was like "No wonder you get groin pain, the AS is in your hips." Basically for me if it isn't fusing, it is falling apart. I hope that is not your problem. I guess when it actually moves to your hip joint it puts you into a different catagory for exercise. I would get it checked out and ask for the x-rays or maybe an MRI. I am one of the "lucky" ones where my changes are showing on x-rays, it takes a long time for that to happen, so you might need an MRI to see the changes.

Good Luck!

Tess

When the world says, "Give up," hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

Though you can't go back and start again, you can start from now and have a brand new end.

#123908 - 09/29/08 04:17 PM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: greenshampoo]
poodlegirl Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Houston
I have had inflammation of the pubic bone, symphysis and attachments. It is called osteitis pubis. The inflammation showed up on a bone scan. I had a low level of pain for a long time that I only noticed when I would actually touch the pubic bone. It was very tender. Silly me, I thought that everyone had that and never mentioned it to anyone. By the time it got extremely acute and painful, the pain extended all the way around back to my 'sit bones'. I had to do part of my bone scan sitting down so that they could get a picture of that.

I still have a low level of the inflammation. It never entirely goes away. Mine is complicated by having hypermobility and a leg length discrepancy, which contribute to the problem quite a bit.

My pain has never really referred into the vagina, but I suppose it could. Is your pubic bone tender to the touch?

Brenda

undifferentiated spondyloarthropy, HLA-B27+, iritis, naproxen 500 mg, 2x/day, trochanter bursitis, Joint Hypermobility Syndrome, migraines, SI joint dysfunction/hypermobility, DDD L4/L5 and L3/L4, straightening of cervical spine, diabetes, sleep apnea.

#123926 - 09/30/08 01:15 AM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: poodlegirl]
Kiera Offline
Registered Visitor

Thanks for your replies!

Tess: I only have is 2 MRI's. One of my neck and one of my Lumbar and Sacral area. None of them show any changes other then degenerative problems.

Brenda: No the bone is not tender to touch, but it's a real deep pain. An ache. I do relate to the spreading to the sit bones tho. I often ache in that area as well when I have the deep "vaginal" pain. Maybe that is where the actual pain is?

#123927 - 09/30/08 05:19 AM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: Kiera]
Merlin Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Florida
I've had the same pain. It was so sharp and deep that it felt like a knife was being inserted there. I know it was due to inflammation because since I've been on remicade, I haven't experienced it. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it was referred pain (I don't know where it was referred from, but...).

#123953 - 09/30/08 10:40 AM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: Merlin]
tiabird Offline
Registered Visitor

I have had that sharp pain and deep ache. Thank God that it comes and goes and has not stayed for long periods of time. My doctor said it was from my ovaries? Huh!! It stops me in my tracks when this happens, sometimes I wish that doctors did a little more investagating before they decide what the pain is. I guess they use their secret x-ray vision, lol.

#123970 - 09/30/08 04:23 PM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: tiabird]
MomtoRhi Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
I have also had this pain. I had ovarian cysts at the same time, so I thought the pain was all from the cysts. However, my GYN said that I shouldn't be having that much pain from cysts and it was probably referred pain. She was clueless to where it was from, but she said there was too much of a distance between the ovaries and my hips to feel it there (in a physical exam). She guessed I just had inflammation throughout that area---leading to the cysts in my ovaries. I still get stabbing pain without the cysts and now just assume that it is because of inflammation somewhere. I have had a lower abdomen MRI and CT scan- my hips and lower spine are pretty bad (obvious AS according to the radiologist), and I had cysts in my liver and an enlarged spleen. I figure any of those could cause the referred pain.

Laura

#124074 - 10/01/08 08:36 PM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: MomtoRhi]
TXSilver Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Plano, TX
Yes! stabbing horrible excrutiating pain. You are not alone. I am grateful mine does not last long when it happens, but that may be because I immediately reach for my pain meds that I know will put me into a blissful slumber smile sometimes it is nice to be hyper sensitive to your pain meds

#124078 - 10/01/08 09:26 PM Re: Pain in pubic bone... [Re: TXSilver]
catwoman Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Kansas City
It sounds a lot like endometriosis or interstital cystitis. A urologist can diagnose cystitis, and really the only way to know if it is endo is for your gyno to look inside via laparoscopy. I would schedule with both types of doctors to figure this out right away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved