Spondylitis Association of America
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#132468 - 01/08/09 09:40 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: JenInCincy]
KellyChristal
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: JenInCincy
Does it feel like muscle pain? Do you have any other diagnoses that involve muscle pain, such as fibromyalgia? How about sciatica - is it a shooting pain? It might be worth a call to your doctor just to rule out more serious problems.

I do have buttock bursitis in my left leg....sciatica...but why would both legs be affected?

#132469 - 01/08/09 09:43 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: MomtoRhi]
KellyChristal
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: MomtoRhi
I have the same problem periodically. Right now it is all the time, unfortunately. I feel like I am on a 24hour workout cycle or just ran a marathon. I ache at all my connective tissue points (along the bones but not the bones). It feels slightly like muscle ache, but it is definitely not in the muscles. I am going to run it by both my OB and my rheumy since I see them on Friday and Monday. If I get any useful information (other than must be inflammation in your connective tissue!), I will pass it along. My husband has been massaging my legs and feet for me at night which has not relieved the pain long term but does keep my legs and feet from cramping painfully.

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. It is absolutely no fun!Laura

I have never heard of connective tissue inflammation...what is that...i guess that might be what it is...my muscles are so tight that it hurts to stretch them.

Edited by KellyChristal (01/08/09 09:44 PM)

#132473 - 01/09/09 04:31 AM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: ]
MomtoRhi Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Tendons and ligaments. The connective tissues that attach muscles to bone and such at the joint point. Muscles connect to tendons which connect to the bones. Ligaments help limit the movement of joints and connect bone to bone. If your tendon gets inflammed, it can ache and/or burn. The tendons work with the muscles, ligaments are primarily in the joints. If your tendons are bothered, it can create problems with your muscle (I have a tendency to have a really tight hamstring because of damage and inflammation in my SI/Hip/Lower spine region).If you want to look at specific areas where you have pain, here is a link to an image that shows muscles/tendons/some ligaments. You can zoom in on some of the areas with the magnifying glass.
http://www.innerbody.com/image/skel20.html

Laura

#132529 - 01/09/09 01:38 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: MomtoRhi]
themommm Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: California
About a weekago, I started having this pain as well. Bloodwork shows Vitamin D Deficiency (9 when it should be over 30), hight Platelets, VERY high ESR, and high C-Reactive Protien. The doctor said low Vitamin D can cause diffused bone pain, so he put me on 50000mg of Vitamin D once a week. I'm also starting MTX next week (after the rest of the bloodwork comes back). He thinks I should see an improvement in about 2 months. Right now, that seems so far away! I can barey make it to the bathroom with a walker! I'm sorry you're experiencing this too - it certainly isn't fun!

#132532 - 01/09/09 01:49 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: Bingo]
Donna Avery Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Idaho Falls. ID
I know where mine originate from. I don't know if my issues all stem from PsA or are separate issues no doctor has told me yet, but I have DDD, Stenosis and scoliosis. Since right after Thanksgiving and right after I had bronchitis, my knees, backs of my legs and buttocks just hurt, burn and down right painful. Walking with 2 canes. I have nerve inpengment from the stenosis and think that this is what all the pain in tendons, knees and muscles is from., but I think the bronchitis got my immune system ramped up and now it won't shut off. I have been off Enbrel for 7 months and until I got sick was doing fine. I am hanging in there until I see my doc in Feb. To answer your question I would say a big YES. AS, PsA all of the related diseases has everything to do with what we are feeling. And add the cold temps and weather we all are having.

#132537 - 01/09/09 05:07 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: Bingo]
mcm Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Georgia, USA
I also get deep leg aches -from hips and thighs and charlie-horse type pain in calves to shin-splint type pain, some days it feels like my legs are heavy and i'm walking through mud. Would love to hear any possible reasons. I started taking D supps today, and was gonna ask doctor if D def. could be the problem.

#132602 - 01/10/09 01:08 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: mcm]
doh Offline
Registered Visitor

ditto here on the leg pain. so bad at times i cant climb into or out of my pants, or climb stairs. i wake up feeling like i ran a marathon too.

im 90% sure this is enthesitis related. it improved with tnf alpha treatment, but it has not gone away.

#132623 - 01/11/09 06:48 AM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: doh]
Mark D Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Austin, TX
I started taking a Vitamin D supplement recently, though I have never been tested for a deficiency. I keep hearing people here say they are deficient, so I won't be surprised to learn that I have been too. Just remember that for your body to use the vitamin D you also have to get plenty of sunlight.

#132739 - 01/13/09 04:56 AM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: Mark D]
MomtoRhi Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
I saw my rheumy yesterday. I told her about the connective tissue inflammation issues and spasms. She nodded and said it is all connected to AS and not uncommon at all. I am waiting to see if the steroid injection helps a bunch or just a little, but it has started helping a little at the 24 hour mark. She said that if it gets really bad, an injection into the SI joints might help. I am limited with my medication options with the pregnancy, though, so there might be some other medications that would also address the connective tissue pain as well.

Laura

#132859 - 01/14/09 02:39 PM Re: My LEGS HURT SO BAD [Re: Bingo]
moon Offline
Registered Visitor

Hi my name is Heather does anymore have problems with thier feet getting real hot and then cold?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved