Spondylitis Association of America
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#144577 - 05/31/09 05:30 PM Celebrex... Scary side effects!
donnadb Offline
Registered Visitor

Can anyone share their perso al experience with celebrex. This is a ned Rx for me and after reading the side effects, I'm scared of it! Trying to decide if benefits outweigh the risks... Thanx!

#144580 - 05/31/09 05:39 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: donnadb]
KellyChristal
Unregistered

I have a friend that took it for years and loved how well it controlled her symptoms, but they recently took her off because of problems associated with her heart. I would say if you have healthy heart and lungs you should be ok? That is all I know...my friend took it for at least 2 years with good results for her AS, but she was eventually hospitalized with something that seems unrelated, but IDK for sure. Good luck, and I unde4rstand your concern! I hope you find the answers you need!

#144588 - 05/31/09 06:10 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: ]
spryder
Unregistered

Celebrex made my heart race and gave me wicked anxiety. I stopped taking it. The Dr. will hear about it at the next appointment. Too bad, it was great for the pain.

#144589 - 05/31/09 06:11 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: ]
NWbrooktrout Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: east of Seattle, WA
heart issues and or high blood pressure with celebrex is an issue.

#144593 - 05/31/09 06:20 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: NWbrooktrout]
nisey Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: PA
It gave me anxiety attacks also.

Nisey

#144604 - 05/31/09 06:47 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: nisey]
TennisAce Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: NJ
My daughter thinks it is a godsend! It is the best thing that has been added to her mix!

She did have to have cardio test first. And, my daughter bp is monitored along with her bloodwork. She does though Celebrex pm because it works best for rising and naproxyn am. She tried to do am and pm celebrex and had a weird bruising so he muttered under his breath...."I should know better than ever tamper with the mix we have currently". She's been on Celebrex for over 2 years now.

Edited by TennisAce (05/31/09 06:51 PM)

#144605 - 05/31/09 06:49 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: TennisAce]
NWbrooktrout Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: east of Seattle, WA
I have tried it it didnt do anything for me. Good OR bad!

#144609 - 05/31/09 06:59 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: NWbrooktrout]
mrye4709 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Oklahoma
Same here, not any different than mobic except for cost. I asked to go back to mobic. Probably same risks but not as talked about as celebrex, as celebrex ponts out. Puts me a little more at ease even if it a false ease.

#144712 - 06/01/09 04:13 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: donnadb]
donnadb Offline
Registered Visitor

Well, after 1 dose, my stomach is KILLING ME!! Feels like a hot burning knife in my gut... And more bad news??? It actually helped my joint pain tremendously! Why is this bad news?? Well, because i would have to be insane to take another one of these with this type of stomach pain after just 1 mad frown No sense in exacerbating 1 problem to solve another one! Im so depressed! Will there EVER be anything that I can take that will help my AS and not cause another problem????? UUGGHHHHH!!!

#144725 - 06/01/09 05:53 PM Re: Celebrex... Scary side effects! [Re: donnadb]
mrye4709 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Oklahoma
donnadb, you might wait a couple days and try again. I did this once and thought it was the new med but it was a bug going around. It might be worth a try if it helped that much. If it does it again I would def quit taking it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved