Spondylitis Association of America
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#167749 - 02/17/10 04:52 PM It feels like I have bruises all over my body...
ctyankee Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: CT
I was diagnosed with AS last year and have been on Enbrel, Celebrex, prednisone since October. I also take tramadol and vicodin for pain relief. When I started I had pain everywhere and couldn't walk some days without assistance. Now I am much improved but have been struggling with constant neck pain and stiffness. Occasionally, like tonight, the skin on my entire body hurts. It almost feels like I am bruised all over. My five year old came over and gave me a hug tonight and I wanted to scream.

Does anyone else have this??
Jude, 35. Diagnosed AS 2009. Iritis, sinusitis, high BP, GERD, TMJ. Remicade, methotrexate, norco, duragesic, avapro, flonase, singulair, protonix, mucinex and the kitchen sink :). Proud mother to Abbey 9 and Tatum 6. Wife and best friend to Mike.

#167750 - 02/17/10 05:08 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: ctyankee]
TennisAce Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: NJ
It almost sounds like secondary fibro.

My daughter had been diagnosed with Spondy for 2 years. She had a fleck of a scab on her chest. I brushed it off, and she screamed like someone killed her. An increased sensitivity to pain is possibly a sign of 2ndary fibro.

#167752 - 02/17/10 06:10 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: TennisAce]
sequoia
Unregistered

sorry to jump on the bandwagon here, yankee, but i don't have the touch sensitivity, i have hot and cold sensitivity. the shower water burns my skin and immediately i am freezing when i try to turn it down the slightest. this is the way my whole days go. is it the whole time for you with the pain of touch? i am so sorry, because i can totally relate to this. only for different reasons.

ace, why would it be fibro, isn't that muscle? sorry to have more questions. maybe one of you or someone else can help us.

thanks and prayers and peace, sequoia

#167754 - 02/17/10 07:04 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: ]
TennisAce Offline
Registered Visitor

There can be a sensitivity to touch, sound or any stimulous with fibro. My daughter exhibits a hypersensitivity to hot/cold, sound and touch.

Fibro is about of alot of things including pain, not necessarily muscles. The tender points are mainly the exact same spots at fibro, like neck...si etc.

#167770 - 02/18/10 03:57 AM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: TennisAce]
mrye4709 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Oklahoma
I have the fibro and you do feel bruised and like the skin is sunburned. It can be worse than the SI pain and is very painful to be touched or hugged. Nothing really helps it, although the Lyrica did for a while. My dose had to be adjusted up so often that I finally said enough and got off of it. The pain is everywhere, somethimes even the scalp, like it hurts to comb your hair if you can get your arms up there to begin with. I'm starting to think blad would be beautiful. Sorry, but it does sound like fibro to me.

#167805 - 02/18/10 11:53 AM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: mrye4709]
ctyankee Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: CT
Thank you all for your contribution. Myre I will ask you this since you have fibro...the pain is on my trunk, arms and neck mostly. The went on all last night and is for the most part gone when I woke up this morning. I was out in the cold the day before yesterday becuase we got a snow storm. I went outside with the kids for a few hours. My husband thinks, if it is fibro, the cold may have triggered this reaction. Does that sound accurate to you? Thanks so much!!
Jude, 35. Diagnosed AS 2009. Iritis, sinusitis, high BP, GERD, TMJ. Remicade, methotrexate, norco, duragesic, avapro, flonase, singulair, protonix, mucinex and the kitchen sink :). Proud mother to Abbey 9 and Tatum 6. Wife and best friend to Mike.

#167813 - 02/18/10 02:09 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: ctyankee]
barta Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Missouri
ctyankee
I too have fibro and have had it for 15 years now just recently been diagnoised with AS. Your symptons sound like it for sure there is medications to help with it I tried Lyrica but could not tolerate it, tried cymbalta, it makes me drive the porcelain bus, so I just take my tramadol and hoping some of the AS treatment will help with some of those symptons. BUT I have heard great things for others who can take the Lyrica or Cymbalta. Cold will definitely trigger it, over doing it will too. Take Care

#167815 - 02/18/10 02:43 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: barta]
TennisAce Offline
Registered Visitor

There are maps of trigger points that you can google. Although, my daughter finds she plain hurt sometimes from fibro that is not in places that are on the map. You find many of those points are the same as Spondy, so figuring out the difference is the key to treating it.

Stress is a big trigger. Weather changes, can be cold, can be a low front you name it, it can be overdoing, it can be under doing it too. Sounds strange, but my daughter was recommended daily excercise it key.

#167820 - 02/18/10 05:07 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: TennisAce]
mrye4709 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Oklahoma
Any number of things can trigger it. Can come and go or can hang around for what seems to be an eternity. The trigger points are also below the waistline, but with the spondy, it is hard to tell one pain from the other. The sunburn feeling (I have that alot in my thighs) I think is the fibro, but i also have the pains down my legs that I think is the spondy. Weather tends to make my fibro worse. I can usually handle one at a time, but when both go at it, forget about me functioning at any normal level. Add the brain fog and stir it all up and that is my life, a daily struggle to maintain my sanity. Throw in a grumpy husband and a 4 yr old, you got a real mess. Haven't heard too much about Savella, may ask aboout that one next visit I get to.Good luck!

#167821 - 02/18/10 05:10 PM Re: It feels like I have bruises all over my body... [Re: mrye4709]
TennisAce Offline
Registered Visitor

MY SIL used it. She liked it much better than Lyrica, but she felt her heart race at times. Every pharma works differently for everyone. But, she thought it was the best of the all that she tried.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved