Spondylitis Association of America
Topic Options
#211002 - 06/20/11 05:54 PM Does Xibrom have generic? Bromfenac? Bromday?
outlier Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I have been on long term Xibrom to keep any left over inflammation down in my eyes. a few weeks ago when i got my refill i got something called Bromfenac i figured it was the generic since it was cheaper and kept taking it 2x a day.

I then saw my eye doctor on a friday, and she said oh Xibrom is no more it's now a once a day med called Bromday. I said oh i did get something different. There defiantly is NO generic, it must have been the Bromday. That Monday afternoon my eyes went crazy but I figured it was allergies and found it funny i had just been at the eye doctor. Then i realize it happened very day at the same time, no matter what or when i took allergy meds. 2 weeks later it occurred to me, I am not taking what I thought I was.

Has any one heard of a generic for xibrom? Is anyone using Bromfenac 2x day or once?

I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow. but i'm trying to sort it out first so i know what to say.
Current Meds: Humira, Asacol, Reglan, Dexilant, Tramadol, Maalox, and Xibrom (Bromfenac).
No more sulfasalazine and Iron

#211006 - 06/20/11 08:05 PM Re: Does Xibrom have generic? Bromfenac? Bromday? [Re: outlier]
Spenser23 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Bromfenac is the generic version of Xibrom.

http://www.bioportfolio.com/news/article...al-As-Well.html

Spenser23

#211007 - 06/20/11 08:39 PM Re: Does Xibrom have generic? Bromfenac? Bromday? [Re: outlier]
ancient Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Ill
I don't know if this would help but when this happened with my migraine medication I had to switch to generic. The first one I tried did not work at all! However my pharmacist ordered some from another company and thankfully it worked great. Pain in the a-- but what a relief. Is that a possibility with your med?
suffered since teenager multiple surgeries.IBS, Migraines, carpal and tarsal tunnel, TMJ, (failed Enbrel& Humira),Started Remicade sept. 2012,Methotrexate,Prednisone,Relafen, Amitriptylin,Gabapentin, Fioricet, Topamax,,Protonix,Amlodipine, Vit. D, Folic acid,

#211076 - 06/21/11 09:22 AM Re: Does Xibrom have generic? Bromfenac? Bromday? [Re: ancient]
outlier Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
thank you Spencer23

Once i calmed down from my anger i found
"Xibrom is the trade name of the first Bromfenac Ophthalmic Solution made by ISTA it was to be administered twice daily. Bromday is the trade name of the second Bromfenac Ophthalmic Solution made by ISTA it was to be administered once daily. On May 11, 2011, FDA approved a generic version of bromfenac ophthalmic solution manufactured by Coastal Pharmaceuticals (sold by Mylan) and is to be administered
twice daily."
Current Meds: Humira, Asacol, Reglan, Dexilant, Tramadol, Maalox, and Xibrom (Bromfenac).
No more sulfasalazine and Iron

#211152 - 06/22/11 09:42 AM Re: Does Xibrom have generic? Bromfenac? Bromday? [Re: outlier]
JenInCincy Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
drugs.com is another great resource for this sort of information.
Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved