Rash under breast and in the crease of my thigh
#199421 02/27/11 06:11 PM
A
asgirl Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
A
I have been getting a red raw painful rash in the crease of my thigh, and under my boobs for years. My sister has a similar problem. I was told that this could potentially be a form of psoriasis. It lacks the scaling I have always associated with psoriasis, so I am unsure and it will be a while before I can see a dermatologist. Has anyone else had similar issues? If so did you ever get to see a dr about it?

AS Dx'd Feb'11 symptoms for 2-3 years
GERD & IBSD 10+ years
Asthma 25+ years
Spondylolisthesis 2+ years
Hypersomnia
Re: Rash under breast and in the crease of my thigh
asgirl #199432 02/27/11 08:39 PM
I
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I
Yes, it is possibly psoriasis. Plaque, while the most common form (and what I have), is only one of about 5 types. For that matter, mine doesn't always rock the scale and it has also gone pustular once. In short, it can have different presentations. Here's a brief synopsis:

http://www.psoriasis.org/netcommunity/sublearn01_typesps

Is it possibly inverse psoriasis?

Definitely see a dermatologist. If you can't get an appointment while it's active, at least take a picture so you can show it to them whenever you do go in. I have a steroid cream that helps me a lot with mine. Depending on the severity, there are plenty of other treatment options as well. There's no need to suffer without treatment! Even if it's a different skin condition, most have some kind of treatment available.

Mary, 25, happily married pro photographer, momma to 2 great danes.
Dx: Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, Sjogren's, IBS, Hiatal Hernia, & possible Endometriosis.
Meds: Stelara, Methotrexate, Relafen, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Tizanidine, Voltaren Gel, Tramadol
iviary #199506 02/28/11 03:43 AM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
Could be either eczema or psoriasis... see a derm.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
JenInCincy #199553 02/28/11 03:18 PM
A
asgirl Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
A
I am trying to get in to see my derm, I usually only go once a year, and he stays pretty booked up. I am not due in for another 6 months. i will take a picture when it flairs up, I hadn't thought of that (duh) I was trying to figure out how to get in to see the dr when it was active, but that makes sense. Thanks ladies

GERD & IBSD 10+ years
Asthma 25+ years
Hypersomnia
asgirl #199639 03/01/11 05:23 AM
A
Aim Offline
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
Let us know what you find out. I get rashes on my breasts and in other locations also. Old rheumy thought it might be inverse psoriasis at first, but dermatologist diagnosed me with allergic contact dermatitis. Seems I may be allergic to elastic, especially if it is dyed (dark blues really seem to bother me). I used to get the rash around my waistline too and occasionally on my legs, especially when wearing knee high socks or pantyhose. I now mostly just wear all-white, cotton undergarments, mostly with fabric covered bands and no nylons anymore. That has seemed to help. Recently, I wore an old, gray colored stretchy sports bra, which seemed to have triggered a bad breakout on the bottom and side of my left breast. My rheumy saw it today and said I should definitely be tested for elastic allergy, and she agreed that it didn't look like psoriasis to her.

Amy, 42, officially diagnosed finally with PsA, on MTX and just starting Remicade. Also have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, secondary FMS (?), IBS, GERD, and possibly endometriosis. Have had various symptoms since teens. Married for 17 years to college sweetheart; we have one amazing 8 year old son.
Aim #203269 04/01/11 07:20 AM
A
asgirl Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
A
My PCP is contemplating inverse psoriasis. I don't use bras with latex elastic in them ( i am allergic to latex) I also typically go braless when I can, I wear the snug fitting cami's instead. I have surgial scars right where the center of my bra sits, which can be easily irritated if I am not careful. I also don't wear undies for the same reasons. I have surgical scars on my belly, and if I have a rash flairing up the cuff on undies can really irritate my skin. I have found that "boy shorts" style undies are pretty comfy, and don't have that irritating cuff that most traditional undies have.

GERD & IBSD 10+ years
Asthma 25+ years
Hypersomnia
asgirl #214921 08/14/11 12:29 PM
D
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
D
Hi my name is Teri and I joined. Just diagnosed 8-8-11.I get a ras too along my undies line. And I use "Lanican, anti-chaffing" It helps 100% of the time. Good luck to u and I hop this helps.

dawson_ta #215339 08/19/11 03:01 PM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
I got a rash under my boob for the first time after using avara. Now when ever I use voltaren gel (not pennsaid that's fine to use) it flares up. As long as I try to keep it real dry it does ok. But it is always there. It doesn't look like psoriasis, I'm not sure what it is. I may show my rheumy at my next visit.

I too do not wear bras. My costochondritis is so bad wearing one hurts quite bad. So I just don't.

garden13 #215374 08/19/11 06:59 PM
A
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
A
The only thing I can think of is to put on some cortisone cream. That can usually clear up most rashes.

Donna
Suffering since a teenager.Dx with AS Dec 2009. Dx with ulcerative colitis 1998, both knees replaced 2006. GP said I had "some kind of inflammatory arthritis" 25 years ago. It has taken 50 years to get a Dx.

Mobic, Nexium, Naproxin, Lipitor, 6-MP, Nexium, Miacalcam, MSContin and 2 Norco for break through pain
avonldy #215995 08/27/11 09:53 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
I had an issue recently in the crease of my thigh and tried cortisone, which didn't help. What did help was Columbia Antiseptic Powder. I found it at a local drug store chain that carries older-time remedies. It was $9 or 10.
Amazon has it too.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_5qu0ch17sj_b

SAPHO Syndrome
Hx of: Brachiocephalic Neurogenic Pain (medically managed), Chronic Migraines (managed, status migranosis free since 2005; still get twinges occasionally), IBS (resolved, was medication induced), Cholecystectomy in 2001, Partial Nephrectomy in 1991, R Acromioplasty in 2006, etc.
Autoimmune meds:
Sulfasalazine 1 g bid
Tramadol 1 tid, prn
Voltaren Gel tid, prn

Nutraceuticals:
Fish Oil 5000mg qd
Vitamin D 5000 IU qd
Prenatal Vitamin 1 qd
NSI Mag-Ultra 1 capsule qd

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard