Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#235271 - 06/20/12 10:17 AM Dept. of Rehabilitation / Rehabilitative Services
JamesChoi Offline
Moderator & SAA Web Specialist
Registered Visitor

Registered: 02/09/11
Posts: 32
Loc: CA
Another place to start whether you want to start a new career or need help with your job search is the Department of Rehabilitation. I'm not sure if there's one in every state but here are a few links to the ones I do know of

california: http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/
oklahoma: http://www.okrehab.org/
texas: http://www.dars.state.tx.us/
virginia: http://www.vadrs.org/

Just search your state with the words "department of rehab" and you'll be able to find an office near you. Sometimes it is called rehabilitation and I have seen others called rehabilitative services. These are all state run and can also point you in the right direction if you are looking into disability as well.

#235370 - 06/21/12 07:52 PM Re: Dept. of Rehabilitation / Rehabilitative Services [Re: JamesChoi]
mel2nc Offline
Registered Visitor

Registered: 11/13/10
Posts: 573
Loc: NC
Another good thing to do is take a look within your current organization as oftentimes you can find a different position (lateral even) that is more accommodating to your needs.

Melissa in NC--43 yo working mother of 2 elementary kids and wife to a great hubby!

Dx: AS in 2009, moderately severe uveitis,gastroparesis.

Humira 40mg (twice a month), Methotrexate 20mg, Flexeril, Ibuprofen, Prilosec, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and anti-inflammatory eye drops.