Spondylitis Association of America
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240317 - 09/11/12 09:20 AM Re: tender spots all over body [Re: an0thermike]
JenInCincy Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
For others who have never heard of TransAct - I looked it up. It contains an NSAID, flurbiprofen.
Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates

#240327 - 09/11/12 01:03 PM Re: tender spots all over body [Re: an0thermike]
nisey Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: PA
Yep, I hurt somewhere new almost every day. I have my constant areas of pain, but there always seems to be a traveling ache or pain somewhere!

#240330 - 09/11/12 02:36 PM Re: tender spots all over body [Re: an0thermike]
CanuckMom Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Niagara Falls, Canada
And lets not forget, some of those sore spots are likely inflamed bursa's as well...
Officially dx'ed Nov/10 after being symptomatic for a good 10 yrs. HLA-B27 positive. 200mg Celebrex twice a day, Zytram for pain. Started SSZ in Nov'13 for peripheral issues that started in early summer'13. Jan '14 added Gabopentin for SI flare related nerve pain. Nov '14 added MTX to the mix. My father was dx'ed in his early 20's and is quite severe with first joint replacement at age 35.

#240343 - 09/11/12 07:17 PM Re: tender spots all over body [Re: an0thermike]
katb Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: TN
Count me in, this is one of the reasons my PCP thought I might have Fibro at first. I have lots of tender spots, in some cases they are at joints that rarely give me any trouble like my knees. I am forever finding one by accident and checking to see if I have a bruise only to see nothing there. I had my first case of bursitis a few months ago in my left hip, that was fun. It still acts up from time to time. My rhuemy told me at the time that AS/PsA make us more prone to all of the "itises". As if we don't have enough other fun symptoms to enjoy. grin
Kat, 42, mother of two great kids and wife to a great husband who manages to help me with my battles and still fight his own. AS/PsA (weird, I know) diagnosed Jan 2012, IBS, psoriasis. Suffered with back issues since my teens. Failed Enbrel due to bad reaction, started Humira 06/01/12, only helped briefly.Started Remicade 01/28/13 had severe reaction to the 4th infusion.currently off of biologics.
"Sometimes God calms the storm,Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child."

#240346 - 09/11/12 07:26 PM Re: tender spots all over body [Re: an0thermike]
Zeus Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: NW Ohio
My tender spots seem to be the bottoms of my feet in the evening. I work in sales and walk around or drive during the day. It's not like I stand all day. I have great shoes with the right support but at night the bottoms of my feet seem to throb.

Weekly Humira, Meloxicam, MTX, Folic Acid plus a few other non AS related meds. I have hip, knee, shoulder, feet, hand, sternum, and rib pain daily.

If you are into computers and need a way to store and share files between devices try Dropbox.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved