Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#254701 - 06/30/13 04:26 PM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
joeh Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Cincinnati
James, I also love StackOverflow. In case you haven't heard, one of the co-founders of that site (Jeff Atwood) has started a new company, Discourse. His goal is to modernize discussion/forum software with a more usable interface than the free ones we've been using for the last decade. I think it's definitely worth taking a look at.

Cincinnati Joe

#261808 - 12/15/13 11:04 PM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
ricky_rescue Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Williams, CA
Hi James,
Pardon my ignorance if this function does exist. (if it does, i can't find it..)
I'm new as you can see. Would it be possible to have an internal search function so to query lets say by subject matter. I've seen this in the past on another forum..

And like the other folks have mentioned here, I agree.. From what I have viewed so far, you have done an excellent job here.

ricky

#261812 - 12/16/13 07:55 AM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
sequoia
Unregistered

welcome ricky, why don't you come on over to the main forum and introduce yourself and tell us your story.

sequoia

#261816 - 12/16/13 09:04 AM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
JenInCincy Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
Ricky, up top in the blue area towards the right, it says "Search." Click on "Search" then click on "Advanced" and you can search on keywords in one forum or all forums, with whatever date range you want.
Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates

#263269 - 01/11/14 08:30 AM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
sequoia
Unregistered

how about directing me to the mankowski pain chart which used to be here. or reposting it under some other forum.

i was just part of an uncomfortable discussion regarding pain charts. i know it disappeared when we were appropriately downsizing the forum list. is there any way it could come back somehow.

if it is still here somewhere, please direct me to it. i have looked and am not sure.

thanks, chris

s.

#266667 - 05/23/14 02:26 PM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
Eilatan Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Chicago, IL
I'm late to the party here, but very new to the site, so please excuse me. A chat room feature would be nice. I have no idea if the site would support one but I think, if it could be done, a chat room could offer a place for special support, such as a venue for members to discuss relevant or pressing issues in real time with each other, keep each other company in times of insomnia, even featuring special chats on select topics, perhaps sometimes hosted by guest moderators or commentators presenting information on areas of personal expertise.

#268313 - 09/06/14 09:16 AM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: Eilatan]
pilotmike5 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
YES!!! CHATROOM!!!!!
Sleep apnea
Fatigue
Anxiety

#269175 - 11/04/14 11:24 PM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
WyLee Offline
Registered Visitor

I am new, and I agree that a FAQ would be nice. You already have one but it only pertains to the use of the forums, not the subjects/questions that commonly come up on them. Thanks for a most helpful site.

#269181 - 11/05/14 07:47 AM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: JamesChoi]
SouthernMoss Online
Registered Visitor

Loc: MS
WyLee, have you checked out the main SAA site? If you scroll to the top of the page you will see a row of buttons - Home, About Spondylitis, etc. These take you to different sections of the main SAA site where you can find lots of info.
unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic

#269185 - 11/05/14 02:09 PM Re: What do you want to see on our website? [Re: SouthernMoss]
WyLee Offline
Registered Visitor

Hi Ginny, I have been browsing around on the site and learning a few things. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan