Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#255632 - 07/27/13 03:35 PM Re: The love of my life has AS [Re: LovesHerSoMuch]  
scaredmom Offline
Registered Visitor
scaredmom  Offline
Registered Visitor

I am a mother not a lover, but I recently read the spoon story mentioned elsewhere on this forum. It made me understand my dear daughter's struggles and honestly some quirks that had frustrated me at times. Just google spoon story. It is worth a good read. It also explains why the previous post will do wonders to help.

#276888 - 12/14/16 11:54 PM Re: The love of my life has AS [Re: LovesHerSoMuch]  
snyvicci Offline
Registered Visitor
snyvicci  Offline
Registered Visitor

My husband was diagnosed in 1990 when I was pregnant with our first child. Fortunately, he was able to manage his symptoms for the next 14 years- but became seriously disabled in 2004. He passed away last year after suffering horrendous pain and feeling as if he was losing his identity. Humira "helped" but nothing made it beyond merely tolerable. One of his worst symptoms besides the pain was the GI issues. No doctor could explain why he had 20-25 episodes of diarrhea a day. My active, wonderful husband became enslaved to a toilet and a couch where he slept. He died in his sleep at the age of 57 which was the greatest blessing he could have- no hospital.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan