Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#255669 - 07/29/13 02:16 PM Need Support
Fozzi Offline
Registered Visitor

Hello, I am new to the forum. I was recently diagnosed with AS, although I have had symptoms for the last 10-15 years. I tried every kind of doctor and treatment before I was finally diagnosed. The last few years have been particularly difficult, as I became sicker and more exhausted and could get no one to believe me.

I am having a hard time with how the AS is affecting my marriage. I feel really alone and could use some support.

Edited by Fozzi (07/29/13 04:15 PM)

#255702 - 07/31/13 02:09 PM Re: Need Support [Re: Fozzi]
mrye4709 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Oklahoma
Welcome Fozzi! I think your post got overlooked in this forum. Post in the general forum and you will find there are alot of members that will reply. Look toward the top of the list of forums. No one is ignoring you, you just got in a forum that not alot of members look at often.

You can tell your journey there, alot of us have had a long road to diagnosis. Glad you found the SAA, it's a great place for information and support.

#255731 - 08/01/13 08:31 AM Re: Need Support [Re: Fozzi]
JenInCincy Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
Hi Fozzi - I am sure a lot of us would be glad to offer support. Do you want to tell us a little bit more about how your health issues are affecting your marriage? That would make it easier for people to respond.

What kind of treatment are you receiving? When did you begin treatment? Is it helping? What are the next steps for you?
Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates

#256650 - 08/16/13 11:23 PM Re: Need Support [Re: Fozzi]
Fozzi Offline
Registered Visitor

Thank you. Sorry for the delay. I am on one of the biologics. I can't do prednisone or NSAIDs due to stomach pain. I was just diagnosed and started treatment this year. I will post in the General.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan