Bras....any suggestions?
#260721 11/13/13 01:21 AM
B
BCK Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
I have inflamation in my rib cage/breast bone. I work 12 hour shifts & by the end of the day I'm ready to scream! I've never worn underwires & don't really want to start! I am on the busty side! Anyone have any recomedations? Brands,styles?

Re: Bras....any suggestions?
BCK #260734 11/13/13 01:21 PM
J
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
J
Hi - there have been 1 or 2 very long threads on this topic here in the Women's forum in the past ... in the blue section at the top of the page, click on Search then click Advanced - use a date range of 2 years and only search in this forum on the word bra and you should be able to find it. I think it will have some great info for you.

Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates
BCK #260743 11/13/13 03:29 PM
B
BCK Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
Thanks!

BCK #260863 11/17/13 11:56 AM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
I heard about the Genie bra on a thread here - visited their website and read the various reviews - then found it in the checkout aisle at Wal-Mart. They're lightweight, no-wire, removable padding, seem to be pretty true to size (though I'm not horribly well-endowed), reasonable in price. Nice to not have bra straps slipping off my shoulders. A bit hot in warmer weather. One caution, however - they have no "fastener" so you have to wrestle it on over your head. Some days that's really hard for me, and perhaps for you too...

Joani; 72-year-old with undifferentiated spondylitis and erosive inflammatory osteoarthritis in hands & wrists; taking low-dose prednisone, Vitamin D, use Voltaren gel for hands & wrists; other meds for heart, thyroid, allergies & sinusitis. Blessed with great husband, 5 kids & their spouses, 11 beautiful grandchildren.
BCK #261000 11/21/13 10:02 PM
B
BCK Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
B
I actually bought a package of the Genie Bra. Well, they're ok for someone not too endowed! But for me, it like wearing a pair of pantyhose on my boobs!;) Not difficult to get on..just no support! And the pads you add...girl,please! Those were like cardboard! At this point I'm thinking Ace Bandages might be the answer! Thanks to all who have replied! My search continues....

BCK #261080 11/23/13 09:47 PM
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
Yes, the bra issue totally sucks. If I wear something for 8 hours, I am in agony and I am doing really well. The darn ribs must be permanently painful or something.

I am medium endowed, size 12 clothes. I wear those little under shirts that are nylon and tight to your skin. They stay on shoulder and hold up the ladies good enough for me. They are hot in the summer Unigo has cool bras with cups build in but only go to size 10/12 and they are called extra large.

In the winter, which is easier for me. I wear t-shirt thingy, shirt and jacket which covers my nib issue.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
BCK #261761 12/15/13 09:20 AM
K
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
K
I have the same problem. I'm a DD and need the support. I've found a decent Bali wirefree bra that they sell at Target now. I buy it two band sizes bigger and it's not as torturous for me. Although it's the first thing I take off as soon as I am home lol

27 years old diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis at 15. I also have rheumatoid arthritis asthma, hypertension, hip bursitis & interstitial nephritis caused by over 10 years of chronic NSAID use.

100mg of tramadol 2x a day, 5mg of Oxycodone up to 4x a day, 250mg of Soma up to 3x a day. Can't take NSAIDs, DMARDS or Biologics due to reduced kidney function.

2/2014 Injections into left & right SI joints
3/2014 injection into bursa sac right hip
3/2014 injection into right hip joint

BCK #262375 12/20/13 09:15 AM
G
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
G
Lane Bryant or their bra store Cacique
I am busty and this is my favorite place to get bras for years.
They do have non-underwire bras, but I prefer the wires.
They also do bra fitting there. Most women wear bras that are to small for them.
It is possible to figure out your own size:
http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html

After getting the right fit, I would suggest maybe switching out the bra type half way through the day, as everything fits a little diffently. I do this with shoes sometimes.

Newly diagnosed AS. 4 Years of disfunction. Current Meds: Humira, Neproxen, Baclofen, as well as other over the counter stuff. Rheumatologist says I have other co-occuring conditions, I'm sure fibromyalgia is one of them.
BCK #263400 01/15/14 01:04 PM
L
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
L

Playtex 18 Hour Original Comfort StrapĀ® Wirefree Bra
Style: 8267
this bra is no wires, but best lift up bra, good for bigger sizes.I am a tailor and many women, that i recommend this, was very happy. they are cheap. you can buy at justmysize.com or walmart, kmart, kohls.the straps has jell

AS since 2000,diagnosed in 2008.low back ,both elbows surgeries. IBS,Eosinophilic esophagitis. I am on Remicade, Methotrexate. B 27 Positive
BCK #263660 01/22/14 04:41 AM
B
Registered Visitor
Registered Visitor
B
Barely There makes a great soft stretchey bra styled like the Genie but more comfortable, good support too. I couldnt' stand to wear a regular bra anymore because of the pain in my ribs. This one is a keeper.

Cindy

That which does not kill me, only makes me stronger
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard