Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#260932 - 11/20/13 02:55 AM jock itch from Humira
southafrican Offline
Registered Visitor

This is rather embarrassing. But it has to be asked...... has anyone gotten jock itch from Humira? ie a testicular rash red rash that is very itchy?

#260940 - 11/20/13 07:47 AM Re: jock itch from Humira [Re: southafrican]
JenInCincy Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
We don't get things like jock itch, ringworm, or athlete's foot from Humira. In theory, anti-TNFs may affect the ability to fight off infections but in practice, there is no way for an individual to know if there is a relationship between the drug and the problem, especially when it is a common, minor issue of this sort. These are common fungal overgrowths that are easy to spread/pick up and fortunately, easy to treat with over the counter remedies.
Jen, 42, happy partner of James and Moma to Evan, 14, & Lucy, 12.5 (Crohn's dx @ age 3; on Remicade since April 2010.) I take piroxicam, Flexeril, & Nucynta ER nightly. 3 anti-TNFs didn't pan out for me.

"Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance." -- Hippocrates

#261228 - 11/27/13 01:28 PM Re: jock itch from Humira [Re: southafrican]
Zeus Offline
Registered Visitor

It's not from Humira. But I did get a speeding ticket and I am pretty sure it was Humira that caused it.

#263221 - 01/09/14 08:54 AM Re: jock itch from Humira [Re: southafrican]
60Driver Offline
Registered Visitor

I started chafing more after I started Humira; but that's only because I was able to start running more. Perhaps you've also changed your physical activity habits?

#271345 - 05/12/15 08:05 AM Re: jock itch from Humira [Re: southafrican]
quick Offline
Registered Visitor

I can't say that I have. It's always been a bit itchy down there lol even before all this.

I will say that I do get slightly more colds and sinus infections on Humira, and they drag out a little longer.