Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#263596 - 01/20/14 11:16 PM New diagnosis
Gail Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Illinois
Hi all
I am newly diagnosed with AS. Years of unexplained pain that comes and goes. Spent 2 weeks with pain like I never experienced that was called costochondritis. Finally ended up at a rheumy who is now diagnosing the AS. Sounds weird....but I was so happy to have a diagnosis other than "you are crazy" Now that I know my lower back pain is AS and not structural issues (as in herniated discs... Which I already had a cervical fusion) am returning to exercise for the first time since Labor Day when my back spazd out after a 5K. Looking forward to joining the group and all the support that is offered here.

Edited by Gail (01/20/14 11:16 PM)

#263675 - 01/22/14 01:10 PM Re: New diagnosis [Re: Gail]
WhiteCell Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Whidbey Island WA
Welome. Many of us searched until we found the right doctor. There will be much information you can gather here. Medications, treatments etc and support form fine educated peeps.

Severe Right Eye Glaucoma- Trabeculectomy/lens replacement 2006. DSAEK Cornea Transplant 2009. Ahmed Shunt 6/2016. DSAEK November 2016.

Supra Ventricular Tachycardia. 2004. Cured by RF ablation 2006. Cardizem 240 CD.

ICU RN

~Grasp The Challenge and Succeed~

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan