Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#273162 - 01/26/16 05:40 PM Re: Remission from AS [Re: 6volt]  
jasonpaul Offline
Registered Visitor
jasonpaul  Offline
Registered Visitor

MN
I'd be curious for the offical answer as well. I seem to recall reading part of a European journal article on PubMed the other week that said only 30% of patients ever see a total or partial remission, but I am sure I am off on that. Personally in 25 years, I've only had 4 years intermixed that was relatively symptom free.

25 yr+ with significant and aggressive A.S.,fibromyalgia, and scoliosis. Currently on Cosentyx, advil, gabapetin, mobic, voltaren gel, tylenol, prednasone, low dose naltrexone.
#273196 - 01/29/16 06:08 PM Re: Remission from AS [Re: 6volt]  
Banana Offline
Registered Visitor
Banana  Offline
Registered Visitor

New York
There are different versions of AS, and thus different remissions. When I first got AS, my disease went in and out of remission for no apparent reason. I thought various diets did it, but no because it would come back. I would have it for 6 months and then 2/3 years of remission. I could never get diagnosed because by the time I saw doctor, I was in remission with nothing wrong with me except I could barely touch my knees let alone toes.

Then my disease got really severe in my 40's, and drug induced remission was for only a short time and then the medication would "turn to water". After I finally found the right drug, I have been in drug induced remission for over 5 years. It is shaky though. If I am late with the drug, it starts coming back and I can still over do it. Plus the damage has not gone away.

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
#274500 - 05/13/16 02:37 PM Re: Remission from AS [Re: 6volt]  
sdot Offline
Registered Visitor
sdot  Offline
Registered Visitor

I wonder what the numbers are for drug induced remission vs remission on it's own and if that includes all associated symptoms.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan