Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#276239 - 10/05/16 12:41 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: Steady1]
Steady1 Offline
Registered Visitor

UPDATE: I'm about 15 weeks into Cosentyx now. I've been making steady progress. Going four weeks between injections made me worried but it worked OK. My uveitis seems to be better controlled superior to Humira. Cosentyx has also been superior in the fatigue category. There is still pain in all the regular places but it's been lessened. Morning stiffness is less than before. Two weeks ago I felt like doing yard work again. Worked in the morning, took a nap and went again for three hours. Trouble was I over did myself and got a bad muscle strain. I've got to slow back into more activity next time. Cosentyx is not the final answer but given the improvements I'm glad I made the change. Hope this helps.

#276240 - 10/05/16 08:32 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
sdot Offline
Registered Visitor

That is good to hear.

#276243 - 10/05/16 10:36 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: MS
Thanks for the update, Steady1. That's exciting that you are doing so well on Cosentyx.
unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic

#276285 - 10/09/16 11:36 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
kitkat203 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Coral Springs , Florida
I have been on Cosentyx for 16 weeks. I started my first dose on June 2nd. I have both severe plaque psoriasis and AS. Cosentyx has been a miracle drug for my psoriasis, not so much for the AS. I must say however, that I recently went on a cruise and participated in activities that would probably make my Rhuemy have a cow! I'm still recovering from that and preparing for Hurricane Matthew! my doctor isn't sure if my pain may be from damage and not inflammation.I can feel when I have increased inflammation, no matter what my doctor says, and I haven't felt any improvement there. I still need my pain meds and muscle relaxants to function, and I am still paying for my cruise adventures! (but I would do them again!).

#276451 - 10/24/16 05:23 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
tskop Offline
Registered Visitor

Cosentyx is my last hope. I have been through Simponi, Humira, Stelara, Enbrel, Otezla, along with methotrexate, and a try with Arava. Nothing reallly helps or I have short term successes with these meds and then it's back to the pain, stiffness, and fatigue. I'm hoping this med will help and I feel encouraged by this post.

#276452 - 10/24/16 08:11 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: tskop]
RAHMBA Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
wishing you success. There have been some positive findings with this medication and it does use a different pathway than all those other medications. there are additional meds in the pipeline. I imagine you've already talked with a pain mgt doc they may additional suggestions. there is a video archive from Dr. Overbaugh that I think is very thoughtful and helpful. http://www.spondylitis.org/Connect-With-Others/Seminar

Edited by RAHMBA (10/24/16 08:12 PM)
AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.

#276454 - 10/24/16 10:45 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

Hi Rich,

Can you please provide a link to the seminar? The link you gave does not show any video

Thank You.
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016
On cosentyx 300mg a month since Dec '16

#276459 - 10/26/16 01:02 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: RAHMBA]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

Originally Posted By: RAHMBA
wishing you success. There have been some positive findings with this medication and it does use a different pathway than all those other medications. there are additional meds in the pipeline. I imagine you've already talked with a pain mgt doc they may additional suggestions. there is a video archive from Dr. Overbaugh that I think is very thoughtful and helpful. http://www.spondylitis.org/Connect-With-Others/Seminar

Hi RAHMBA,

What positive findings? could you please describe more, probably a link as well? I am preparing myself mentally to make the switch. pain is one thing but I do not want to be 100% disabled, where I cannot even walk or even do computer work. May be I need to take the risk of switching the biologic, I guess no one can tell whether the change would be positive or negative, but sticking to one biologic, is a big risk, especially when I can see that it is not effective enough and slowly I feel like I am moving towards 100% disability.

Thank You, kindly.

Edited by Shippingnews (10/26/16 01:02 AM)
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016

#276464 - 10/26/16 11:44 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: MS
Shippingnews, I think Rich was probably referring to one of the videos on the link at the end of this paragraph. Notice there are 4 videos on the page. The first two are Dr John Cush, and the last two are Dr Robert Overbaugh, who is the doctor to which Rich referred in his post.
http://www.spondylitis.org/About-SAA/News/2016-spondylitis-educational-seminar-dallas-texas-12

Here's a link to an SAA news article announcing the FDA approval of Cosentyx for treating AS. It contains several links.
http://www.spondylitis.org/About-SAA/New...ic-arthritis-31

unicompartmental knee replacement June 2014
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Indomethacin ER as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Melatonin, Culturelle probiotic

#276481 - 10/28/16 06:56 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

Thanks Ginny! for the information.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan