Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#274262 - 04/29/16 09:14 AM groin area
werthy1 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: ohio
does anyone get the tingling in the groin and testicle area. is it common frown

Edited by werthy1 (04/29/16 09:21 AM)

#274413 - 05/07/16 03:23 PM Re: groin area [Re: werthy1]
K_Henderson Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I'm not sure if it's AS related but I've been experiencing slight tingling on the underside of my scrotum. Recently was told by my urologist that I have chronic prostatitis (I've had testicle/perinium pain for about 4 months) and I think this may be the cause. I'm 31 so quite disappointed by the diagnosis.

#274424 - 05/08/16 02:11 PM Re: groin area [Re: werthy1]
chemman Offline
Registered Visitor

I have been having pain in my left groin, testicle, and perineum. I was diagnosed with epididymitis by a urologist, but I am starting to doubt that diagnosis. Antibiotics didn't seem to do much for me. I'm back on Humira, and what do you know, the groin and testicle pain seems to be getting better. It's possible that your pain is caused by AS. Based on your other posts, it seems that your AS is not being controlled, so I'd focus on that. Something like Humira might do the trick for you.

#274457 - 05/10/16 12:16 PM Re: groin area [Re: chemman]
K_Henderson Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
That actually sounds very similar to what I have been going through as well for the last few months. It started as pain in my left testicle and now there is also pain in the perineum but the testicle mostly feels better. I did several rounds of antibiotics a few months ago despite the cultures coming up negative. Now I've been taking 800mg ibuprofen since the last visit to the urologist.

Do you have other symptoms besides the groin/testicle/perineum pain? How long have these symptoms been present?

#274466 - 05/10/16 07:58 PM Re: groin area [Re: K_Henderson]
chemman Offline
Registered Visitor

Originally Posted By: K_Henderson
That actually sounds very similar to what I have been going through as well for the last few months. It started as pain in my left testicle and now there is also pain in the perineum but the testicle mostly feels better. I did several rounds of antibiotics a few months ago despite the cultures coming up negative. Now I've been taking 800mg ibuprofen since the last visit to the urologist.

Do you have other symptoms besides the groin/testicle/perineum pain? How long have these symptoms been present?

Other urological symptoms? Yea, sometimes I get a burning sensation when urinating and a burning sensation on the left side of the head of my you know what.

I also seem to get the burning sensation into my left foot at the same time, so I really think this is from AS, NOT urological disease. Sigh. Add it to the long list of AS symptoms.

#276120 - 09/22/16 05:45 PM Re: groin area [Re: werthy1]
Zeus Offline
Registered Visitor

Get checked for a hernia