Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#275261 - 07/08/16 01:49 PM Medical Marijuana doc speaking in Los Angeles
RAHMBA Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hi All,
we have a MD that specializes in dosed cannabis. He has 1/2 dozen pts with AS and is coming to speak to the Los Angeles Education/Support Group this Sunday, July 10, 2016.

should be interesting.

Rich
AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.

#275401 - 07/18/16 05:31 PM Re: Medical Marijuana doc speaking in Los Angeles [Re: RAHMBA]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

Hi, Can you please post the name of the MD and if the session was recorded, link to the youtube video? Thanks!!
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016
On cosentyx 300mg a month since Dec '16

#275409 - 07/18/16 07:48 PM Re: Medical Marijuana doc speaking in Los Angeles [Re: RAHMBA]
RAHMBA Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Doc: Allan Frankel, MD info@GreenBridgeMed.com his website has tons of info.

If you do talk with him, I'd love to hear how it goes.

I don't record support group meetings because I think it detracts from offering a safe place to be candid. some people that attend don't want their work or even their family to know they have spondylitis. not long ago, having a AS Dx meant that you could not get private insurance.

But, I will put on a webinar on this topic and that will be archived on YouTube.
AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan