Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#275469 - 07/25/16 09:37 PM Requested increase for psoriasis.
tbd Offline
Registered Visitor

I put a request feb 2015, increase for psoriasis due to systemic treatment. I am on humira. I went in for an exam and they took pics of my psoriasis, did range of motion test, and a bunch of other things that really didnt make sense. A week later they had me come in for x-rays. Why am I getting x-rays for a psoriasis increase.

Recently i checked ebenefits and all my requested paperwork is in but the VA stuff still isnt submitted. This paperwork was two weeks past its due date. I checked again this weekend and low and behold they changed the dates of my claim yet again. Is it normal for a claim for increase to take almost 2 years?

This entire process seems very strange to me.

#275472 - 07/26/16 06:41 AM Re: Requested increase for psoriasis. [Re: tbd]
Ken Delano Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Minnesota
Last time that I went in for a rate increase was 2004 (maybe 03). Did not take very long at all in my case. Few months is all. Do you have anyone handling your case? I used the DAV.

Retired on disability
in 2005 at age 44

#275474 - 07/26/16 06:07 PM Re: Requested increase for psoriasis. [Re: tbd]
tbd Offline
Registered Visitor

The DAV filed my claim. They are out for 2 weeks so I will just wait on them.

I am having a hell of a time with the VA. Today I asked for MRI since my last MRI was in 2011, they said no. I really hate this VA medical center near me.

I brought in X rays that I received in the mail from Veterans Evaluation Services. Showed the doc the results and he said nothing is wrong.

Cervical Spine
Impression: Degenerative changes suggestive of diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis.

I asked my VA primary care doc what this means. He said " its just signs of aging ".

Man I hate the VA... heh

#275475 - 07/26/16 09:29 PM Re: Requested increase for psoriasis. [Re: tbd]
Ken Delano Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Minnesota
I have nothing but praise for the Minneapolis VAMC. Directly involved with the UofM Medical School. I really do get the best of care.

Retired on disability
in 2005 at age 44

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan