Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#275647 - 08/11/16 09:42 AM Mutiple Diagnosis
EmA_LI_80 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Long Island
So this week my bloodwork came back showing that my thyroid has been a bit sluggish. Seems to me that people with AS usually have more than one issue, but hypothyroidism is on another spectrum for me. Do any other people have these sorts of issues?
Other Dx: GERD, Raynauds, Bursitis in Left Shoulder and Right Knee

#277076 - 01/16/17 03:25 PM Re: Mutiple Diagnosis [Re: EmA_LI_80]
Flowers Offline
Registered Visitor

Yes, I have hypothyroidism and AS. I take Armour thyroid and it helps a great deal. I tried levothyroxine and felt sluggish on it. My doc told me Armour works better but a lot of docs won't prescribe it.

#277232 - 02/04/17 11:33 AM Re: Mutiple Diagnosis [Re: EmA_LI_80]
KarenB Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Northern California
I don't have Thyroid problems, but I do have multiple diagnosis. Not only do I have A.S. but I also have Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.), and Osteoporosis. Also, I was "diagnosed" with a few other things before finally being dx'd with A.S. and those remain in my medical records. (Fibromyalga, GERD, anxiety).

#277233 - 02/04/17 11:34 AM Re: Mutiple Diagnosis [Re: EmA_LI_80]
KarenB Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Northern California
I don't have Thyroid problems, but I do have multiple diagnosis. Not only do I have A.S. but I also have Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.), and Osteoporosis. Also, I was "diagnosed" with a few other things before finally being dx'd with A.S. and those remain in my medical records. (Fibromyalga, GERD, anxiety).

#277283 - 02/11/17 02:00 PM Re: Mutiple Diagnosis [Re: EmA_LI_80]
tiabird Offline
Registered Visitor

Hi I also have multiply diagnosis including MS. It kinda sucks when one doc blames all your problems on the disease that they don't have to help you with.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan