Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#277265 - 02/09/17 05:19 AM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
onlywhenilaugh Offline
Registered Visitor

I suffered from anxiety and depression for many years when I was younger. I have learned from experience that anything that throws you off balance mentally is enough to exacerbate the symptoms. Being diagnosed with a life altering illness certainly is enough to cause anyone anxiety. Many of the symptoms that you are describing seem to be your brain's effort to gain some control over your life, that likely seems out of control at the moment. Like some of the others here, I suggest seeing a therapist. Someone who understands anxiety and chronic illness should be able to help you through this. I know that sometimes we feel like isolating ourselves when we feel this way, but that usually only makes the symptoms worse. I am not a professional, but have experienced severe anxiety and depression and managed to come out on the other side. Best wishes to you. This is difficult to deal with and you do not have to do it alone.

#277275 - 02/10/17 05:54 PM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
Gslsls Offline
Registered Visitor

Thank you for your post. It seems like the only people who understand me are those who have chronic pain themselves. Most days I am smiling but screaming inside. I haven't found s therapist to talk with me but right now I am ok with that. Coping with this varies day to day hour to hour. If I didn't have my girls to keep me active I would probably be in a far darker place. Good luck to you as well!

#277319 - 02/17/17 01:36 PM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
GardenGnome Offline
Registered Visitor

Try to meditate. Study it and try it. You mind is going 1000 miles a minute it seems. You need to clear it for a few minutes and learn not to worry so much.

#277333 - 02/18/17 07:16 PM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
Seeker77 Offline
Registered Visitor

I check the door knob many times. I have stress and anxiety and depression. I went to see a counselor, waste of money. Chronic illness, as previously said, is quite overwhelming. I think what helps is eating better, exercise, prayer, listening to beautiful piano music, and reading the Bible and prayer.

Feel better...

#277334 - 02/19/17 06:10 AM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
GardenGnome Offline
Registered Visitor

I agree. Prayer is #1. PRayer changes things. Dont be discouraged if you feel like you prayers are unanswered. Just wait and a the right time things will change for the better. The right time is not necessarily now like you think it is

#277335 - 02/19/17 06:33 AM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

I am a prisoner of panic attacks, what a crap disease..cannot even work ..always undecided
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016

#277336 - 02/19/17 06:36 AM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

and no doctor is able to figure out what is wrong with me..I cannot get on with life like rest of you. I have not gone out for last 4 years. death would be a very welcome thing..but I am not even able to do that
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016

#277337 - 02/19/17 08:53 AM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
cindyd Online
Registered Visitor

Loc: Minnesota
Shippingnews, There are drs. who can figure out what it wrong with you. It might take awhile but the search will pay off.
Don't stop looking for help.
We all have gone to a dark place in our lives, with this disease.
If your medication isn't working, try something else.
Our bodies are going thru a chemical imbalance, and can also cause our brains to have an imbalance.
It is worth it to keep looking, for our brains to get back into balance.

#277350 - 02/20/17 05:31 PM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
Gslsls Offline
Registered Visitor

Shipping news, I am just checking in to see how you are doing today?

#277351 - 02/20/17 05:57 PM Re: am i having a nervous breakdown? [Re: Shippingnews]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

Thank you Gslsls. I am hanging in. Called in to my pain management clinic to schedule the epidural, they would be giving me a call back. Probably another couple of weeks before it is done.

Thanks Cindyd and everyone else for responding to me.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan