Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#277432 - 03/04/17 10:26 AM Newly diagnosed
April_Lockridge Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: IN
Hi! My name is April and I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis at the end of January. This came in the middle of my husband (who has MS) being in the hospital. I am still waiting for my first dose of meds. Insurance denied Humeria twice. It has been difficult dealing with my issues and still being a caregiver for my husband.

#277433 - 03/04/17 04:44 PM Re: Newly diagnosed [Re: April_Lockridge]
Shippingnews Offline
Registered Visitor

Why did they deny the Humira? I had cosentyx denied at first attempt because my doctor clinic sent wrong diagnosis code, RA instead of AS. And cosentyx is not approved for RA. Not saying your case is similar, but your future course of action can depend upon what was the denial reason. Hope you find relief soon.
Current medicines: Omeprazole, Vit D3, Celecoxib(1 tab)/Zorvolex(2 tabs)(alternatimg between these two every week), Pyridoxine, Isoniazid, MTX(3 tab) every wednesday, on humira every two weeks since Dec 2015, Weekly Humira since June 18th 2016
On cosentyx 300mg a month since Dec '16

#277434 - 03/04/17 05:50 PM Re: Newly diagnosed [Re: April_Lockridge]
April_Lockridge Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: IN
I have Medicaid and it isn't on their approved medication list. Hopefully they will approve another medicine. I have been dealing with a flare up the it couple of days.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan