Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#277539 - 03/14/17 05:43 PM Humira side effects  
Kris44 Offline
Registered Visitor
Kris44  Offline
Registered Visitor

Hello: first time here. I am 45 yo female with AS, just diagnosed in the last year. I started Humira and was on it for 3 months without any big noticeable difference, maybe 50% less pain when at rest. I developed a rash on the back of my neck and had sinus pain and pressure and some abdominal pain. I switched rheumatologists a few months later and restared it. Same results and same side effects. However, now I've noticed much more pain. Calf pain that won't go away. A lot of muscle pain and fatigue. Cold hands and feet. Left wrist pain and two of my fingers on left hand feel numb and difficult to move at times. Insomnia, restless legs. The only other drug I started was Sulfasalazine, at the same time I restarted the Humira. I feel so crappy, but don't know if it's the disease, the side effects, the drug not working ????? Just seeing if anyone else has any insight. Thanks!

Female 45, ANA positive, HLA-B27 neg, MRI + sacro/iliac disease, DDD, psoriatic arthritis, coagulation defects, diskectomy
Symptoms since 15 y.o.
DX: 2 years ago AS
Past Meds: Sulfasalazine, Humira, Enbrel, Naproxyn, Cymbalta
Current Meds: Starting Methotrexate and Cimzia and continuing Prozac, Ibuprofen, Vit D, Folic Acid, Cyclobenzaprine, Mobic
#277540 - 03/14/17 06:37 PM Re: Humira side effects [Re: Kris44]  
HLR Offline
Registered Visitor
HLR  Offline
Registered Visitor

cleveland,OH
Hi Kris, I'm a 50 year old male and having most of the symptoms you're experiencing after taking Humira for aprox. 2 years. I've had xrays, blood work and have changed rheumatologist last month. Liver enzymes not great also waiting for more blood work tomorrow. I was recently was prescribed gabapentin for the severe leg and feet pain, now I can sleep, which is a huge relief!

#277541 - 03/14/17 07:39 PM Re: Humira side effects [Re: Kris44]  
Kris44 Offline
Registered Visitor
Kris44  Offline
Registered Visitor

Hi HLR; Thanks for responding. I used Gabapentin a few years back before I had to have disc surgery and it did help me sleep. I'll mention it to my rheumatologist when I see him next. I do have Flexeril (muscle relaxer), but it makes me so hung over the next day that I can hardly take it. I feel so old. I'm a RN and have seen quite a few healthcare professionals roll their eyes at patient's pain and side effects, so I'm leary to ever say anything. Just tired of feeling so tired and awful all of the time. Thanks for listening!

Female 45, ANA positive, HLA-B27 neg, MRI + sacro/iliac disease, DDD, psoriatic arthritis, coagulation defects, diskectomy
Symptoms since 15 y.o.
DX: 2 years ago AS
Past Meds: Sulfasalazine, Humira, Enbrel, Naproxyn, Cymbalta
Current Meds: Starting Methotrexate and Cimzia and continuing Prozac, Ibuprofen, Vit D, Folic Acid, Cyclobenzaprine, Mobic
#277543 - 03/15/17 12:10 AM Re: Humira side effects [Re: Kris44]  
HLR Offline
Registered Visitor
HLR  Offline
Registered Visitor

cleveland,OH
I get it. I'm jealous of my active 80 year old neighbor lady..... Being limited and in pain much of time gets old and I feel that Rheumatologist have a tendency not to really listen to patients.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan