Print Thread
#278521 - 07/11/17 01:46 AM Pain relief plan for wedding  
Swan Offline
Registered Visitor
Swan  Offline
Registered Visitor

Oregon
Hello all,
My son is getting married at the end of August, so I will be working with my Rheumy and Pain Managment doctors to manage symptoms for the wedding (and rehearsal dinner). At the moment, the plan is to add a course of Prednisone to my normal pain meds and get SI joint injections prior to the wedding. My question is this: Is there any other treatment/injection/etc. for the SI Joints that can give better pain relief? I've had 25+ steroid injections (and several ablations) over the years and they are not very effective any more. Any ideas of other treatments for the SI joint that would give short term relief?????

#278528 - 07/11/17 06:04 PM Re: Pain relief plan for wedding [Re: Swan]  
Banana Online
Registered Visitor
Banana  Online
Registered Visitor

New York
Prednesone by pill 5 to 10mg helps me so much when I go on vacation.

Again, you can't take it too often or for too long because of the side effects. You might pack on the pounds if you take too long before the big event.

Rarely get joint injections, they don't help that much after a while and can cause damage.

Have you tried the voltaren gel? It is NSAID right on joint. Helps a lot esp if you put it on 3 times a day for 2 days.

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
#278555 - 07/13/17 08:08 PM Re: Pain relief plan for wedding [Re: Swan]  
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline
Registered Visitor

Ask for a small amount of controlled substance like Vicodin

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan