Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#278559 - 07/14/17 03:43 PM Platelet-rich plasma injections?
bizzylizzy Offline
Registered Visitor

My chronic plantar fascitis is flaring and I'm having a bunch of shoulder joint issues all of a sudden. I was Dr. Googling treatments and came across Platelet-rich plasma injections.

Has anyone tried these? Any feedback you'd like to share?

TIA

#278570 - 07/15/17 06:05 PM Re: Platelet-rich plasma injections? [Re: bizzylizzy]
BellaShade Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: ARKANSAS
The only thing I know about platelet rich plasma is for a facial filler. I know you can make your own if you have a centrifuge. They had some kind of a calcium powder to make it a gel to inject in your face in the tear troughs or marionette lines Etc
Diagnosed with AS December of 2011. Neck fused and ligaments calcified. Taking norco, soma, duragesic patch for pain. HLA-B27 positive. Probably Lupus, and Sjogrens. Raynaud's off Humira for now frown 6 months ...we'll see from then smile lovin" live with adderall!! Hehe and hormones hehe

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan