Spondyloarthritis / Spondylitis Forums - Spondylitis Association of America
Spondylitis Association of America Home Page Learn About Spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing Spondylitis About Us - Our Work More Ways To Connect With Others / Support Groups And More Become a Member of SAA We Are A Nonprofit - Donate Today Shop for Products
Topic Options
#278739 - 08/11/17 12:15 PM Rheumatologist in eastern Mass / Boston area?
Nicole_B Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New England, USA
Hi all,

I am looking for a rheumatologist basically anywhere in eastern (or even central) Mass or in the greater Boston area that is willing to listen, work with you, and consider atypical presentations of symptoms. I did not have good luck at Brigham & Women's. I saw one person mention Lahey Clinic on here and was considering trying that, although I'm not sure how their experience was.

Any thoughts? I am certainly open to not having spondylitis, but I don't think the answers I've gotten so far are the whole picture and I'm hoping to find a doctor willing to put pieces together.
Mid-20's. Undiagnosed upper and low back/SI pain (along with hips & ribs consistently, and neck, knees, heel/bottom of foot, ankles/achilles, and wrists periodically). Diclofenac 75mg 2x/day and Prilosec 40mg 1x/day. PCOS recently diagnosed.

#278740 - 08/11/17 12:23 PM Re: Rheumatologist in eastern Mass / Boston area? [Re: Nicole_B]
Nicole_B Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New England, USA
(For the record, I have had a good response to NSAIDs, but have no elevated ESR/CRP, and x-ray of upper back was 'unremarkable' and MRI of lumbar area showed only a mildly bulging disc and mild stenosis -- one doctor thinks the disc explains everything, two others think it is most likely coincidental but had no other explanations. Completed PT for the disc on my lower back and the PT thinks it is unlikely to be just the disc if I was seeing no change.)
Mid-20's. Undiagnosed upper and low back/SI pain (along with hips & ribs consistently, and neck, knees, heel/bottom of foot, ankles/achilles, and wrists periodically). Diclofenac 75mg 2x/day and Prilosec 40mg 1x/day. PCOS recently diagnosed.

Moderator:  ElinAslanyan