Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278494 - 07/08/17 06:53 PM Plantar fasciitis  
stitches Offline
Registered Visitor
stitches  Offline
Registered Visitor

Oh dear,one thing after another! Got plantar fasciitis. Had it for 2 weeks. It doesn't seem to be going away. Rested it. Iced it. Stretched it. Worried about it.
Wotswot? Any personal stories about recovery or non recovery here about it? Very disabling. It's okay cycling,but walking a no-no:within 100 feet I'm beginning to feel pain,200 yards and I'm limping.
To top it off,I've now got toothache. Yeh,that can be corrected. But the inflammation in my foot...
Had various 'injuries' before,but to add this to the pot is just getting me down

#278495 - 07/08/17 08:59 PM Re: Plantar fasciitis [Re: stitches]  
Banana Offline
Registered Visitor
Banana  Offline
Registered Visitor

New York
My foot doctor made great suggestions on the type of shoe to wear. I think you can google, your shoes could really be making it worse. Also, to never ever go barefoot. Sadly, even the beach can bring it back though I have good sandels now so it isn't so bad.

Remember it is inflammation, are you getting treatment? Taking NSAID?

Anna

Actema IV once a month (with pre loading for allergic reaction), Cymbalta x1 daily, Arava 20mg daily. Diagnosed with AS in 2004, suffered undiagnosed since 1982.
#278497 - 07/09/17 01:02 AM Re: Plantar fasciitis [Re: stitches]  
gardengal Offline
Registered Visitor
gardengal  Offline
Registered Visitor

Mid-Atlantic US
Yep, going barefoot isn't helpful, neither is wearing flip-flops or clogs, since you're essentially "clenching" your foot to keep them on. There's a lot of good advice online about this inflammatory condition.

Freezing a bottle of water and then rolling it under your arch may offer some relief; it helped me greatly. If you can tolerate ibuprofen, that ought to help. Recurrent PF was one of the first signs that I had something inflammatory going on throughout my whole body. Best of luck to you!

Joani; 70-year-old with undifferentiated spondylitis and erosive inflammatory osteoarthritis in hands & wrists; spondy meds presently are low-dose prednisone, sulfasalazine, Voltaren gel for hands & elbows, Vitamin D, glucosamine w/ chondroitin, fossamax. Take other meds for heart issues & sinusitis. Blessed with great husband, 5 kids & their spouses, 10 beautiful grandchildren.
#278499 - 07/09/17 08:38 AM Re: Plantar fasciitis [Re: stitches]  
stitches Offline
Registered Visitor
stitches  Offline
Registered Visitor

Thanks Banana and Gardengal for replies. I see my rheumatologist this Weds. Already on Simponi and Sulphaselazine. Have some Naproxen which I am considering taking. This disorder is very disabling and I have no idea how long it is going to be with me or whether I can get rid of it entirely. Already have various covert disabilities that impact upon living and participating in normal life. This is just another one I just didn't want. Praying it goes away.Have read up on the condition, and treatment is often contradictory.

#278934 - 09/07/17 01:28 AM Re: Plantar fasciitis [Re: stitches]  
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor
Camerican  Offline
Registered Visitor

Dallas
KT tape cured my plantar fasciitis. My physical therapist turned me on to this. On the KT tape website they have tutorials for taping for this and lots of other pain/injuries.

#278935 - 09/07/17 01:30 AM Re: Plantar fasciitis [Re: stitches]  
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor
Camerican  Offline
Registered Visitor

Dallas
KT tape cured my plantar fasciitis. My physical therapist turned me on to this. On the KT tape website they have tutorials for taping for this and lots of other pain/injuries.

#278994 - 09/13/17 04:42 PM Re: Plantar fasciitis [Re: stitches]  
Ucla08 Offline
Registered Visitor
Ucla08  Offline
Registered Visitor

I have been working with plantar fasciitis for about two years. It seems like if you have AS/SpA it's hard to tell what's just plantar fasciitis vs PF plus achilles or hip or anything else tightness/enthesitis.

I have finally been making more meaningful progress since going to a PT who is working on my feet and hips together since they seem to be playing off of each other. Sometimes feet can appear to be the problem when the root issue is elsewhere.

I would definitely recommend trying PT!

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan