Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279521 - 12/01/17 08:09 PM any vitamin that helps for spine pain?  
worldofme Offline
Registered Visitor
worldofme  Offline
Registered Visitor

does anyone here used l lysine or alpha lipoic acid for spine pain inflammation control?

#279544 - 12/07/17 06:32 PM Re: any vitamin that helps for spine pain? [Re: worldofme]  
RAHMBA Offline
Registered Visitor
RAHMBA  Offline
Registered Visitor

Los Angeles, CA
I believe there are some foods/supplement that are inflammatory and some that are anti-inflammatory and may affect me in general including with pain.

People also take Vitamins to address specific things such as vit D & calcium to address osteo.

there is an article in Spondylitis Plus this month on supplements and their interaction with medications.

AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.
#279549 - 12/09/17 01:57 PM Re: any vitamin that helps for spine pain? [Re: worldofme]  
miaoli Online
Registered Visitor
miaoli  Online
Registered Visitor

Some people use curcumin/tumeric supplements for pain. I tried them for a month or so with no noticeable difference but it may help for you. From what I've read you should take it with black pepper to help your body absorb it. But be sure to check into it yourself first !

Dec 2016- Persistent feeling of being "off-balance", no true vertigo but feelings of dizziness.
April 2017- Pain started at first in calves, then back (location random), then knees and ankles. All diagnostic testing tried at this point normal.
Sept 2017- First visit to rheumatologist. HLA-B27+, Grade 2 sclerosis on pelvic x-ray, rheumy diagnosed AS.
Nov 2017- Cervical X-ray narrowing b/t vertebrae
Meds: Sulfasalazine 500mg/BID,Indomethacin 25mg/TID, Strocain TID, Nicametate Citrate 50mg/TID

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan