Our February education/support group meeting will start with the topic of relationships. Guests are encouraged. spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends, close friends, parents, adult children, etc.

Does spondylitis affect relationships? In what ways? Sometimes my wife says "You're being snappy". Meaning I'm responding more curtly and negatively than usual. I understand that this is not uncommon for people living with chronic pain who are already tolerating unseen pain and so it doesn't take much to push them over the edge. Yikes, that's a lot for her to deal with.

We will set time aside for other issues of importance to people affected by spondylitis (besides relationship issues).

We've talked about a meeting like this in the past. February seems like the perfect month.

http://www.spondylitis.org/Community/Support-Groups/Los-Angeles

Kindest,
Rich

AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.