T
Thesnakejakw Offline OP
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
T
Originally Posted by NotMeToo
Originally Posted by Thesnakejakw
Oct 9, 2017 ... I am just not a suitable person for biologics at the moment, but could change in the future.

....NSAIDS don't work for me as it causes stomach damage.

Originally Posted by Thesnakejakw
March 30, 2018
Cbmom

during the treatment they we're incorporating biologics in the treatment but had to pause for periods of a month or 2 before trying another one because of dangerous skin rashes ect that kept coming and going. The humira ain't just a 10 second burn it is like sticking a knife into me and I can't finish giving the meds even with a numbing swab. So they are switching to the cosyx once every 28 days instead like the humira every 14 days. Plus I don't see why everyone is saying I have addiction problems based on the relief and the information I decided not to share before, even though I was being kind of over zelous....this is first time ever I have even tried the drug and would not of if I was alert. Guess no one really expects mental altered state after 3 months of no side effects and the soma started messing with my memories and I started expierencing short term memory loss and a black out without remembering my actions for days at a time or aware. But hey it's my fault right ?

You stated that you were on "decent pain relief" until the end of January. Presumably, the overdose occurred at that point and your doctor (quite correctly) refused further narcotic prescriptions. You mentioned that you have been in "constant pain for two months". You also threw in a mention of trying and failing Humira as it is "too painful" and caused "dangerous skin rashes" but it is unclear if that was before or after the overdose. I'm confused by your story. In October you were NOT a "suitable person for biologics" but now 5 1/2 months later you say that they were "incorporating biologics in the treatment but had to pause for periods a month or two before trying another one". How many times did you pause or do you really mean that you stopped the drug altogether? You mention that you are now going to start Cosentyx. If you started Humira after the overdose, and have been off of it for a month or two. Does that mean that you tried one injection? Two? If you were taking it before the overdose, when did you become a "suitable" candidate?

Many posters tried to tell you that you were overdoing the narcotic and muscle relaxant treatment. Honestly I was stunned that any Rheumatologist would prescribe a young, newly diagnosed patient 60MG of Oxycodone a day - 30MG daily is considered quite a high dose - and not have you on a medication that could actually control the disease and let you get off of the opioid. Your doctor may have treated you harshly because he was likely disciplined for overprescribing opioids. You have described the treatment facility as Mayo Clinic-like so Im sure you know that means there is a lot of peer review going on.

As far as your description of the pain associated with the Humira injection - don't you think you are overplaying it just a bit? It is pretty we'll known that the preservative in Humira makes the injection sting. Some people are bothered by it more than others. However, I will leave you with my then 11 year old son's response when his doctor asked him about the pain with the injection: "If that sting hurts people so much they refuse to take the medicine, maybe their spondylitis isn't really too bad." Out of the months of babes. (Of course if there was a "dangerous" skin rash, that would be another story.)

Nottome

in November they wanted me to try the humira. But I reported skin rashes and was getting sick as well so they held it off until everything cooled down.

In January I took a injection at the office and it was painful. Tried taking it at home and each time it felt like a knife going through my skin I did everything to try to make it work 2 injections I couldn't even complete the injections, and I do still have skin rashes all over my legs.

By the way your little story about your kid does not have anything to do with this. It is painless to some but not everybody. I am a diabetic type one I poke my self every day with needles and I don't even have a pump . I asked the nurse and doc why it Stang and they said it's the medicine interacting with the body and some people are more sensitive then others . I also take methotrexate injections weekly , and that has no effect either. If you are trying to say my pain Is not as bad and I should suck it up , than I feel sorry for your lack of remorse.

By the way the doctor who prescribed me initially is no longer my rhem she was a much nicer doctor , and she would of stopped the Soma's by getting me off of them quick , like a benzodiazapiene immediately after I reported problems with the drug. She started me low on tramadol then hydrocodone pain was bad then I had stomach surgery stomach surgens gave me Dilaudid after the surgery for a few days then went down to oxycodone prescribed the dose of oxycodone from hydrocodone, but my pain was so bad I couldn't go back down to the hydros as my stomach was bothering me by then my tolerance was up there so they kept prescribing me the oxycodone.

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed
Re: Woops messed up... [Re: CBMom] #280159
04/03/18 08:25 AM
04/03/18 08:25 AM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline OP
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
T
Originally Posted by CBMom
The Humira injection is going to be changing too. First for pediatric patients and then hopefully for adults. The new formulation is already being used in Europe and most people say it is less painful.

There are things you can do to reduce the pain that I have mentioned - ice before the shot. Distract yourself during the shot. If you can't complete a shot, then have a friend or parent or someone help you. Or try the syringe - you can inject more slowly and some people say that helps. Some pediatric rheumatologists allow parents to add Lidocaine to their kid's shot. That changes the pH of the shot and makes it less painful. Here is a study:
http://acrabstracts.org/abstract/ad...that-is-the-question-a-comparison-study/

I've never tried it because it seems like a lot of trouble for 10 seconds of pain...but you can ask about it. Your rheumatologist may not know about it because it is usually done for kids but you could ask him/her to consult with a pediatric rheumatologist.

By "dangerous skin reactions" do you mean injection site reaction? Like you get a big welt where you did the shot? Because those aren't usually considered dangerous and often will go away with time. You can take Benadryl before the shot to prevent them or at least make them smaller and less itchy. I have had them with both Enbrel and Cosentyx. In both cases, they went away after a few shots.

Cb mom No I am talking about skin rashes not at injection sites but literally red patches I had for months on my legs and feet they keep coming and going and I think it has to do with methotrexate ever since I started the patches got more worse each time I was going to see dermatologist about it but I cancelled the appointment as it went away but now it's back . My cosentyx was approved though insurance so now I have to get that through the mail. Thank you for the advice I can ask if the cosentyx don't work.

Last edited by Thesnakejakw; 04/03/18 08:31 AM.

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed
Re: Woops messed up... [Re: Sean O] #280160
04/03/18 08:28 AM
04/03/18 08:28 AM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline OP
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
T
Originally Posted by Sean O
I am a recovering alcoholic with decades of sobriety behind me. i am only able to be precribed opioids after a long period of abstinence and am only prescribed a relatively low potency painkiller.

Speaking from experience, you are completely responsible for (1) getting into a blackout; and, (2) everything you do in a blackout. If you had committed a crime during a blackout, you would still go to jail. A judge wouldn't buy the "I was in a blackout" defense and neither is any ethical doctors. Those doctors all did rotations in emergency. They are well acquainted with addicts and alcoholics.

No physician with any ethics is going to prescribe you opioids after this unless and until you have an extended period of abstinence and certainly not if you fail to take any accountability for your blackout or what you did during it.

Sean thanks for stating the obvious bro, by the way did you not read anything in this article? Even if a unwanted medication interaction happens your still responsible ? Seems legit thanks for your input though.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto