04/06/18 02:14 AM
04/06/18 02:14 AM
A
awesomeman Offline OP
Registered Visitor
awesomeman  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
A

Guess more what I’m asking is Fl is a high cbd low thc approved state. Just curious if anyone has gone through the process and tried it for pain relief.

diagnosed at 32.
HLA B27 Positive
Currently on Simponi, Tramadol, and celebrex
Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: awesomeman] #280175
04/06/18 03:43 AM
04/06/18 03:43 AM
MS
S
SouthernMoss Offline
Registered Visitor
SouthernMoss  Offline
Registered Visitor
S

MS
We've had a few members who have tried medical marijuana. I don't know if any of them were in FL. There have also been several discussions of medical marijuana here in the General forum and also down in the Alternative Treatment forum. You could search for them and see if you find anything helpful in them.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who can give you some current feedback.

Ginny - 57 year old female
Dx with USpA in March 2013; changed to AS in July 2015
Iritis and Scleritis
unicompartmental knee replacements: right-June 2014, left-Aug 2018
MTX, Humira, Cyclobenzaprine, plus Celebrex as needed
Supplements: Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Calcium, Fish Oil, Culturelle probiotic, Melatonin (as needed)
Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: awesomeman] #280183
04/07/18 04:45 AM
04/07/18 04:45 AM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline
Registered Visitor
T

I have used it in the past and I do admit trying it a few times to see if it will help.But it is not recommended to smoke it,considering our disease. to help the pain. I find the compound cbd (real cbd) cream that is sold by the medical programs in minnesota. Notice any websites trying to sell cbd on websitesare false advertising that is hemp extract not cbd extract as it is still unfortunately federally illegal in all states and that makes it also illegal to ship through the mail. But those with legal state laws could get a mmj card and get the actual products.

Edibles might help as well just make sure you don't load up on gummy bears and go for a healthy alternative, you could buy the infused cooking oil as well and just add to your own dish or make your own mmj capsules by putting the oil in. I find these very pain releiving the only downside is you could fail a drug test for work , even if your just using cbds so keep that in mind and your state laws.

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed
Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: awesomeman] #280188
04/09/18 02:23 PM
04/09/18 02:23 PM
A
awesomeman Offline OP
Registered Visitor
awesomeman  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
A

I appreciate the feedback....Heres my deal. As with all new options Im curious to try it. Im exhausted from the current drugs Im on as I've been on them for YEARS.While I appreciate narcotics and have used them in the past, I refuse to use them as a long term option. As the disease progresses my view may change, but holding off as long as I can. The thing is here in Florida its a lot of work to put your name on a registry for something that may not work out. Just trying to get some feedback. Its like with the biologics, it was a ton of work to get on and the first two options put me in the hospital, but so many people were benefiting I just pushed through and found what works thanks to everyone elses feedback. Trying to do the same with the other meds.

diagnosed at 32.
HLA B27 Positive
Currently on Simponi, Tramadol, and celebrex
Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: awesomeman] #280189
04/09/18 11:51 PM
04/09/18 11:51 PM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline
Registered Visitor
T

It is really not a hassle to get into a mmj program as long as your state has it , the only downside is that most insurance companies won't cover it , and the products can go from $100-600 for a 3 months supply. The higher end price for more potent products. And only 3 months depending on if you want to use it like a opioid and only use it for break through pain. It would be a month supply if used daily.

I also suggest going for a indica or cbd dominated strain as the higher the thc the higher the price. It relaxes your muscles pretty well, the only downside with the indica or highly concentrated thc is that it makes you tired and is unsafe to drive or operate machinery until you build a good tolerance and realize how it affects you hope what I said helps.

Last edited by Thesnakejakw; 04/09/18 11:56 PM.

Diagnosed 4+ months ago with as causes chest pain and severe back pain . Medications : methotrexate .6 per week in divided doses, Prednisone tapering off 2 5mg daily, folic acid mg daily, dicloymine for stomach pain and cramping , ranitidine 150mg twice daily and Prilosec 20mg extended release once daily , Carispodol (Soma) 350mg 5 times daily , oxycodone 10mg every 4 hours as needed
Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: awesomeman] #280190
04/10/18 02:35 PM
04/10/18 02:35 PM
Whidbey Island WA
W
WhiteCell Offline
Registered Visitor
WhiteCell  Offline
Registered Visitor
W

Whidbey Island WA
Marijuana can be a very real help to alleviate pain, stiffness and depression. It elevates the mood, enhances the quality of life and can alleviate symptoms of chronic and acute pain. Used as a part of a treatment plan is it useful for many. If you have issues of lung or cardiac problems you should check with your doctor 1st.

Starting at 18 yrs old > Reiter's Syndrome. Diagnosed 2001 Ank Spon.
Started Remicade 2002 - 5mg/kg every 7 weeks.

Right Eye Glaucoma- Trabeculectomy/lens replacement 2006.
Right eye DSEK Cornea Transplant 2009.
Right eye Ahmed Shunt 2016.
Right eye DSEK Cornea Transplant 2016.
Supra Ventricular Tachycardia. 2004. Cured by RF ablation 2008.

ICU RN - Seattle, WA

~Grasp The Challenge and Succeed~
Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: awesomeman] #280195
04/11/18 08:58 PM
04/11/18 08:58 PM
M
MartinMMM Offline
Registered Visitor
MartinMMM  Offline
Registered Visitor
M

It's always the wild west in America. Some problems with cannabinoids and once again you never know where the snake oil might come from:
https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USCDC/bulletins/1e6dac3

Unfortunately there has been obstacles to researching cannabis, and so a realistic picture of benefits and detriments are not available. So we all have to be careful.

Re: anyone do Medical Marijuana in FL [Re: MartinMMM] #280201
04/15/18 02:37 PM
04/15/18 02:37 PM
T
Thesnakejakw Offline
Registered Visitor
Thesnakejakw  Offline
Registered Visitor
T

Please don't question cannabis based on that article Thatsynthetic cannabis, sold as spices in tobacco shops kids smoke it to get a high. You won't find that at a medical dispensary. And you can easily tell what k2 is over real marinuiana.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto