Oklahoma USA
R
rumble Offline
Registered Visitor
rumble  Offline
Registered Visitor
R
Oklahoma USA
I was on it for 4 months and gave it up after the gut issues were really bothersome. Rheumy had me take 3 months off Cosentyx and see if the med was actually causing the issues. It WAS the med and so I changed back the Cimzia I had been on prior to going to Cosentyx. (Cimzia was only stopped due to an infection and then a nasty foot fracture.) While on it, I lost 10 pounds I didn't have room to lose.

Last edited by rumble; 06/09/18 05:52 AM.

Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis HLAB27+
MTX, gabapentin, strontium citrate
Started Cosentyx in Oct 2017
Already tried Remicade, Enbrel, Simponi, Humira, Cimzia
Re: Struggling with Cosentyx [Re: ThreeG] #280570
06/15/18 05:43 PM
06/15/18 05:43 PM
NY, USA
K
kjb Offline
Registered Visitor
kjb  Offline
Registered Visitor
K
NY, USA
ThreeG,

I was wondering how you are doing? Are you still on the Cosentyx? I am finally ready to give up on it. I will be calling my rhuemy to let her know, I want off.
Thing that scares me, is I have been through Enbrel, Humira and now Cosentyx. I am afraid shes going to tell me she cant help me.
The Cosentyx makes me feel like junk and I cant get past the exhaustion. Plus I have had IBS as long as I can remember and its been in overdrive since starting it. I wanted it to work so bad, I tried ignoring the side effects, but have decided that its not helping me enough to outweigh them. The worst thing was my hair fell out in two big chunks at the top of my head. Turns out approximately 30% of women complain of this, wish I had known that before I started it, at least it wouldn't have been such a shock.

Anyway, I hope that you are having better luck with it.
Let me know, I have been wondering how you were doing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RyanMiyamoto