05/28/18 08:00 PM
05/28/18 08:00 PM
Los Angeles, CA
RAHMBA Online
Registered Visitor
RAHMBA  Online
Registered Visitor
Los Angeles, CA

AS, U C, Iritis, migraines. HLA-B27neg. Yoga (instructor) & spin. No meds at this time. Dx 1989. SAA member/donor since 1993. All my posts are personal opinion/feelings and do not represent the SAA. Help find a cure & support others by donating to the SAA.
Re: Differing diagnosis [Re: achala] #280646
06/26/18 06:54 PM
06/26/18 06:54 PM
A
achala Offline OP
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
A
I thought I will make a little update on the continuing investigations.
During the past month I ve been continuously on arcoxia 90mg. Somehow lessens the cervical pain.
Stopped swimming as thought the eyes are more prone to flares due to chlor.
Started yoga twice per week + kinetoterapy. Makes me moving but no help as for pain symptoms.
Apart from the cervical pain, creeped up also left Achilles and feel slight pinching in the right.
Went trough colonoscopy after hard episode of diarrhea and discovered red lesions covered in white powder like in terminal ileum. Awaiting biopsy results.
Tried acupuncturA , again no relief.
Reflexoteraphy as my rheumy advised.
Finishing my 3 days apple diet tonight.
But what I am quietly enthusiastic about (first time since 3 months) is the following: I have signed up for some Bowen massage and she is very careful with me knowing my condition. Last Friday after the session I could not turn my head anymore and everything was cracking there while moving. I woke up this morning as usual reddish eye, hell f a neck pain, limping left leg, no mood at all, sleepy as 2 years old, went for another session without hope. Had a little nap there, said thank you, left with no hope. While crossing the street checked right left then right left then again right left, 12 hours later still checking right left, i think I am dreaming. I am scared to go to sleep because I have no pain. Is this possible?

diagnosed with AS April 2018, starting with cervical pain/stiffness; Aug 2018 enthesitis/bursitis left Achilles
diagnosed with iridociclitis Nov 2017 (4 flares so far)
Eosinophilic Gastritis
No signs of inflammations on MRI`s for axial. Visible inflammation/erosion of Achilles/calcaneus + bursitis
Currently on /Budenofalk/Montelukast/Vimovo (occasionally), sulfasalazine 1000mg
Supplements: hemp oil/msm/turmeric/vit D/shark catilage/probiotic
Re: Differing diagnosis [Re: achala] #280720
07/09/18 08:07 AM
07/09/18 08:07 AM
A
achala Offline OP
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
A
hello,
I have been waiting for the biopsy results from colonoscopy finally arriving today. However it brought only more confusion for my gastroenterologist.
Initially, she suspected an early Crohn, manifested by occasional red spots covered with white mucus in the small intestine only (no large intestine, duodenum or stomach).

The histopathological examination came back with: suspicion of Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis.
Doctor does not understand the results at this point and she has to consult.

From what I read on the internet so far is that Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis is triggered by some food allergens and leads to eosinophilic infiltration of gastrointestinal tract.
More here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746377/

Anyone ever heard of this in or without relation to AS?
Do you reckon might be caused by NSAIDS?
thank you

Last edited by achala; 07/09/18 08:08 AM.

diagnosed with AS April 2018, starting with cervical pain/stiffness; Aug 2018 enthesitis/bursitis left Achilles
Eosinophilic Gastritis
No signs of inflammations on MRI`s for axial. Visible inflammation/erosion of Achilles/calcaneus + bursitis
Currently on /Budenofalk/Montelukast/Vimovo (occasionally), sulfasalazine 1000mg
Re: Differing diagnosis [Re: achala] #280721
07/09/18 12:03 PM
07/09/18 12:03 PM
W
Winston Offline
Registered Visitor
Winston  Offline
Registered Visitor
W
I know someone who has eosinophilic esophagitis. In his case, it's being treated as an autoimmune disease, as opposed to a chronic allergic condition. Never heard of it in relation to AS or NSAIDs.

Re: Differing diagnosis [Re: Winston] #280732
07/10/18 11:28 AM
07/10/18 11:28 AM
A
achala Offline OP
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
A
Originally Posted by Winston
I know someone who has eosinophilic esophagitis. In his case, it's being treated as an autoimmune disease, as opposed to a chronic allergic condition. Never heard of it in relation to AS or NSAIDs.

perhaps found something here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1002150/pdf/annrheumd00284-0051.pdf

Eosinophilic Gastritis
Re: Differing diagnosis [Re: achala] #281080
08/20/18 07:17 PM
08/20/18 07:17 PM
A
achala Offline OP
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
A
hello again,
I am being put on Methylprednisolone again + Tobradex/Tropicamida for another episode of Iritis.
Meantime I dropped Arcoxia and started the following Combo to address also my Eosinophilic gastritis: Budenofalk/Montelukast.

+once in few days I take Vimovo (Celebrex)for cervical pain.

I am also suppose to start Sulfalazine, but had to postpone due to some plans. My main Rheumy said if Sulfalazine wont work we think about biologic.
Meantime, I met another Rheumy who told me Sulfalazine will not work for Achilles enthesis (which i developed in addition quite recently), as current view states enthesis is not a peripheral SpA, but an axial. ?

Question: Sulfalazine can work for Uveitis/Achilles enthesis? Or shall I go another route and try to get Humira for the Uveitis?
Question 2: which biologic would work on all of the stuff I currently posses: Uveitis/cervical pain/Achilles enthesis/Eosinophilic gastritis
Question 3: Am I to naive thinking I can stop AS, by targeting Eosinophilic gastritis alone?

PS. i am also taking some supplements like: msm/shark cartilage/turmeric/vit D/probiotics

Last edited by achala; 08/20/18 07:18 PM.

Eosinophilic Gastritis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto