Fort Mill,SC
K
K_E_B Offline
Registered Visitor
K_E_B  Offline
Registered Visitor
K
Fort Mill,SC
I understand what you are going through. I have the same problem been in depends for about 18 years.

Kari
Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280107
03/26/18 05:13 PM
03/26/18 05:13 PM
Boston, MA
M
Miguelito Offline
Registered Visitor
Miguelito  Offline
Registered Visitor
M
Boston, MA
At one time or another, from bottom to top:
-Bottom of feet pain, mostly at night (long ago).
-Reynaud's, toes and fingers. Some of them just blanche straight white. Better on Humira.
-Achilles tendonitis and calf pain (both chronic). Tore my Achilles (mostly) twice and had surgery once. ( I used to get awful shin splints when I ran, but I don't believe this is related to AS).
-Right knee swelled up, drained, removable cast and crutches to straighten - 18 months.
-FAI both hips, pain manifested mostly in groin, down outside of thigh, and lower back. Hip Surface Replacement, both hips.
-Chronic bicep tendonitis where the bicep inserts to the elbow (not sure if this is AS).
-Fingers: somewhat sausagey/crooked joints on several fingers. Doctors don't believe this is related to AS, but I think it is.
-Wrists/hand: Tendency to swell up (greatly) with repetitive manual labor.
-Both SI joints fused completely. Almost constant low-level back-pain, which occasionally flares into something which will somewhat debilitate me for 4-5 days. Posture is a minute to minute struggle.
Spine/neck/trunk:
-I know I have osteophytes in my neck, likely lower in my spine too but don't know that.
-Many years of increasingly limited back and neck range of motion (much of which Humira has restored, I believe).
-Frequent bouts of ribcage pain, pain when breathing (gone since Humira).
-Tremendous pain underneath my scapula/between my shoulder blades. A sneeze would result in unbelievable pain (gone since Humira).
-Neck pain that made it difficult to hold my head up (long ago).
-Trigger points of pain on my vertebrae, back and neck, felt like they were bone-bruises (long ago).
-TMJ (long ago).
-Iritis/Uveitis.
-Eye sensitivity to light.

General: HLA-B27 positive. Diagnosed with AS in 1981. Mother has RA and Crohn's.

And to add insult to injury, Shingles caused by Humira, which otherwise improved my life dramatically.

Doing pretty good right now though, considering.

Mike

Last edited by Miguelito; 03/26/18 05:21 PM.

1981 - Hip/knee problems led to early, correct AS diagnosis (amazingly!).
1990's -Doctor mistakenly diagnosed me with Psoriatic Arthritis. Bad doctor!
2000's - Increasingly problematic "sciatica". Guffaw.
2011 - Diagnosed with end-stage right hip arthritis.
2012 - Right HSR.
2013 - Partially torn Achilles.
2014 - Left HSR.
2016 - Re-diagnosis of AS, Prescribed Humira. Achilles surgery followed by subsequent re-tear.
2018 (Now). Doing pretty good. Humira working, Achilles finally better.
Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280578
06/18/18 11:51 AM
06/18/18 11:51 AM
A
achala Offline
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline
Registered Visitor
A
1. massive neck/occipital pains since 3 months.
2. 3 episodes of Iridociclitis in 8 months (leaving me with many floaters in both eyes)
3. left Achilles pain, where it meets the bone since 1 week.
4. recent colonoscopy revealed some red spots covered with white in terminal ileum (samples sent for biopsy to exclude Crohn`s).
5. feeling my doctor`s do not give a damn!

I am on Arcoxia 90mg per day since 1 month with mixed feelings.

diagnosed with AS April 2018, starting with cervical pain/stiffness, spreading across Achilles/sacroiliac, thoracic pains.
diagnosed with iridociclitis April 2018 (3 flares so far)
suspected diagnosis of Eosinophilic Gastritis
No signs of inflammations on MRI`s
Currently on Arcoxia 90mg per day (somehow managing the pain and inflammation to some extent as not Iritis at this point)
Hemp Oil - good for managing neck pain
Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280585
06/19/18 10:22 AM
06/19/18 10:22 AM
A
achala Offline
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline
Registered Visitor
A
quick question on symptoms:

do you experience muscle twitching in various parts various body related to AS?

diagnosed with AS April 2018, starting with cervical pain/stiffness, spreading across Achilles/sacroiliac, thoracic pains.
Currently on Arcoxia 90mg per day (somehow managing the pain and inflammation to some extent as not Iritis at this point)
Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280620
06/23/18 01:08 AM
06/23/18 01:08 AM
S
Sadathlete Offline
Registered Visitor
Sadathlete  Offline
Registered Visitor
S
Hi. I'm new to the site. Just joined today. I'm glad to see this post. I have been recently diagnosed with AS after years of battling numerous symptoms. I have done a lot of research on the disease and am discouraged by what I've found because most sites online describe it as mostly a back issue. I have so many more symptoms and wish the informational websites would have more thorough information on AS. I'm left wondering if maybe I have a coexisting condition or are my symptoms normal? I have my symptoms almost every day just to varying degrees. Back pain, hip pain, neck pain, elbow pain, hand and wrist pain, knee pain, foot and ankle pain, eye pain with light sensitivity, chest tightness, nausea with stomach cramps, tingling in face, arms and hands, extreme fatigue, confusion and brain fog. Thank you for your advice. BTW my name is sad athlete because i use to be extremely fit and avid runner, I still exercise but can't always and have had to cut back on intensity due to severe body pain.

Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280741
07/11/18 10:22 PM
07/11/18 10:22 PM
Abq NM
A
apfurste Offline
Registered Visitor
apfurste  Offline
Registered Visitor
A
Abq NM
Hi I'm new to the Forum and I am posting my symptoms in my background because I would like to learn a little bit more about my situation as well share some information with the rest of the members.

(I am using a voice to text on my phone so I apologize in advance for mistakes)

So I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis back when I was 11 years old I woke up one day and I had a very sore left hip to the point where I couldn't even walk Sol my general doctor he looked at it noticed that my immune system in my white blood cells are elevated referred me to the hospital after a long process they figured out that I had a romantic or anti-inflammatory disease.

It was eventually whittled down to AS and I had to stop playing ice hockey soccer and so forth until about my late teens my rheumatologist finally let me go back to playing soccer and I live a relatively pain-free life for my teens twenties and thirties. I even served in the military and ran well with no impact to my health.

I did have an episode with iritis when I was 19 during the summer to the point where the steroid drops were not working and I had to get a shot of steroids in my eye since then that's the biggest symptom I deal with with a s up until now and I'm at I'm now 44

I lift a lot exercise at the gym in fact when I refer to lifting I do a lot of squats as well as deadliest I can deadlift around 400 I can squat 315 lately I've been backing off the squats do to my knees being sore nothing to do with a s however I play a lot of golf so for the last month I haven't lifted as much because I didn't want to be as tight on the golf course and see how my golf game

But what I've noticed is since I haven't been lifting is my AS symptoms have really come on strong over the last month in fact I went to my Orthopedic thinking I had a bulging disc but it's actually been my lower back with the as as well as my feet and a couple other places in my ankle so I'm not sure if as I'm advancing age this disease is going to be a little bit more impactful in my life style.

I also have been dealling with colitis for the past couple years but chalked it up to getting old. I visit a Rheumatologist in a couple weeks to see the deal.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280747
07/12/18 06:41 AM
07/12/18 06:41 AM
A
achala Offline
Registered Visitor
achala  Offline
Registered Visitor
A
I remember I boasted a lot how swimming changed my life in regards to lower back pain for 3 years. I stopped due to severe iritis episodes and now I am back with whining bunch. No other activity did as much for me.

Re: Spondylitis Symptoms - List Your Symptoms Here [Re: fall_of_moonbeams] #280801
07/18/18 08:45 PM
07/18/18 08:45 PM
Dallas
L
lodownin Offline
First time visitor
lodownin  Offline
First time visitor
L
Dallas
Low back pain when I wake up.
Left Hip/SI pain.