07/12/18 09:07 PM
07/12/18 09:07 PM
T
Testmaus Offline OP
Registered Visitor
Testmaus  Offline OP
Registered Visitor
T
This will come as no surprise to many people, but it may be helpful for you to know just how common depression is in AS! This article also shows that those with depression have more severe AS symptoms! Link to read the paper for free: https://www.researchgate.net/public...ty_a_systematic_review_and_meta-analysis

With mental health awareness month around the corner, make sure you speak up to your docs about your mental health!

Re: Study confirms depression is common in AS [Re: Testmaus] #280754
07/13/18 02:43 AM
07/13/18 02:43 AM
S
sdot Offline
Registered Visitor
sdot  Offline
Registered Visitor
S
It's a given, however seing how poor the health care system has been where i am, basically stating you have a mental illness basically gets you on a watch list.

Re: Study confirms depression is common in AS [Re: Testmaus] #280758
07/13/18 01:14 PM
07/13/18 01:14 PM
S
seymour Offline
Registered Visitor
seymour  Offline
Registered Visitor
S
It's a chicken and egg situation. Does depression cause more symptoms or does more symptoms cause depression?

I've just emerged from an episode of depression and I can tell you though that having dark thoughts can definitely impair your capacity to deal with this disease. I don't know if it causes more pain but it makes any pain seem unbearable. Discomfort becomes pain. Something you usually brush off becomes your focus.

My mindset now is what happens happens. I deal with the here and the now. I can have pain one day and be ok the next so it's useless to try and anticipate. That helps me fight depression.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan, RyanMiyamoto