Spondylitis Association of America
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48323 - 09/09/06 06:25 PM NSAID withdrawal symptons?
drizzit Offline
Registered Visitor

Is there such a thing?

I have been off all NSAIDS for the first time in 14 years for 5 days now as my new AS treatment plan seems to be really kicking in. In fact I am off all pain meds and I have a light headache everynight this week. Kind of like the withdrawal I had when I quit drinking 5 pepsi's a day.

not complaining... I am sleeping like a rock just thought it was weird.

Doing some research.

#48324 - 09/09/06 08:41 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
mariposa Offline
Registered Visitor

I was on one NSAID or another for about 7 years. The I had to stop cold turkey due to a stomach bleed.

I can't say I had any withdrawal symptoms. This was before the AS symptoms came on, well really the pain symptoms, I'd had the fatigue for awhile off and on.

I would talk to my doctor.

mouse

#48325 - 09/09/06 09:12 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
av guy Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: USA Baltimore. MD.
When I went off NSAID's all I had was a headache for a few days. Not to bothersome. Much easier than going off pain meds.
I hate takeing pills but they are neccseary at times for me.
One of these days I'm going to get enough nerve to try the NSD and see what happens.

Av Guy

#48326 - 09/09/06 09:19 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
Spenser23 Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Sorry Drizzit, but it's got to be asked ... Do you think going off the 5 Pepsi's a day had anything at all to do with your (eventually) feeling better?

Spenser23

#48327 - 09/09/06 11:03 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
drizzit Offline
Registered Visitor

LOL spenser

Breaking the pepsi habit happend two years ago.. I just remeber the headaches. It didn't help my AS or IBD much at the time

just my sleep habits smile

#48328 - 09/09/06 11:59 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
SarahC Offline
Registered Visitor

Loc: Spring, TX
I don't have AS, but I get 'rebound' headaches from taking ibuprofen (for headaches), and naprosyn (for plantar fasciitis). Sometimes I have to give in and take more to get the headache to go away until I'm ready to ride it out and it goes away on it's own.

Sarah

#48329 - 09/10/06 06:11 AM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
Tiregoddess1 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio area
My guess with the Pepsi thing is the caffeine. If you are drinking several a day and then stop, you can experience headaches from "quitting" the caffeine...rebound headaches. Those headaches are a real pain, no pun intended.

Crystal

My opinion is strictly that, mine. However, if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. ;-)

#48330 - 09/11/06 10:52 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
Wendy in Germany Offline

Loc: Germany
This may be a bit of a stretch, but could your headaches be mild dehydration? If you are used to drinking a big glass of water with your meds and then stop, you may have stopped the water too. I had a wicked headache yesterday afternoon that turned out to be dehydration because I've doubled my pain meds and they are drying me out. I drank a big bottle full of water and felt much better, started thinking more clearly too cool

#48331 - 09/12/06 01:14 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
JeanneMedina Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
What is your new AS treatment plan? I have been on Volteran for only a few months and would like to get off.

#48332 - 09/12/06 01:14 PM Re: NSAID withdrawal symptons?
JeanneMedina Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
What is your new AS treatment plan? I have been on Volteran for only a few months and would like to get off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chris Miller, ElinAslanyan 

Bookmark and Share RSS Feed

About Us |  Join SAA |  Educational Materials |  Contact Us |  Privacy Statement |  Guidestar
Good Operating Practices |  SAA Store Policies
� 2012 Spondylitis Association of America, All Rights Reserved