Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
skiing, snowboarding, or simply shovelling.
#87641 01/08/06 06:01 AM
E
earfilm Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Dear folks,

What's the prognosis on shovelling? i hate it, though it get's the blood flowing and is a bit of forced motivational excercise...but it's crooked to one side. I found i couldn't snowboard anymore,....i was however able to continue skiing after the initial two years of pain. it was therapuetic and necessary as my first big professional jobs were doing sound for televised snowboard and ski events. I new i was aiming towards the editing department because of AS and eventually became an Avid editor. Mostly indie films, documentary televison, and surf/skate television. Eventually the pressure became too much and not working recently has allowed me to focus on health and necessary stress relief.

Without AS i would probably be getting my itinerary to go to Italy to work on the Snowboard events at the Olympics. The probable director is an associate of mine Erych Lyttle.

Mayble I'll motivate for a very mellow day of skiing this year, but have to put up with some shovelling. just as little as possible.

Take it easy, Erik

Re: skiing, snowboarding, or simply shovelling.
#87642 01/09/06 11:11 PM
M
M
Hey Erik,

I love to shovel snow! and here in Idaho there is alot to shovel. I actually found that if I take my time warming up, don't try to get too much on the shovel at a time - it actually makes me feel better after. I also think the fresh air and if I am lucky the sunshine helps too. I say keep shovelin if you can!

Sorry about the Italy thing. SOunds like you have had some interesting jobs. Did you get to work the Salt Lake City Olympics? My son owns I am sure every skate/surf/snowboard/pole vaulting video/show ever made - anything we would recognise that you worked on?

Hang in there.

Lynette

#87643 01/10/06 03:42 AM
E
earfilm Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi Lynette,

i'm gladd you can enjoy the workout of shovelling.
Today was sunny and it looks like the last storm will eventually melt off the porch, so just shovelling a small path worked..yes it's good excercise. No I didn't work Salt Lake, kindof for the same reason...I did work on Hoystinik's ABSYNTH..and "Boardwild" which used alot of Hatchet footage. it was on fox sports tuesday's at five...very veried magazine type show...I think Director Micheal Strassman has restarted the series directing most of the shows himself....like 15 a year..."Boardwild" made over 100 show's, I worked on about 55 of them, many times they have other films cut into them. Erich was the original Boardwild director, and directed some of the Snowboard events in Salt Lake. i also know Bode Kenney or Bode Miller's family from New Hampshire..only worked on the nationals that he was in a few years ago, and he went by so fast i couldn't say hi.

be well, lynette...thanks for letting me ramble.
oh, i also worked on "SAFE" by todd haynes that is about someone with a mysterious disease that fits AS a little...but it's more psycological.

be well, be well, thank you....erik

#87644 01/10/06 07:00 PM
E
earfilm Offline OP
OP Offline
E
You can see why i worked in television rather than print. I actually misspelled "Palm's" name infront of 36 million people world wide and I've known him since i was 14.

Shaun Palmer

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard