AS TEENAGER
#87656 03/07/06 06:19 PM
Z
zenab Offline OP
Registered Visitor
OP Offline
Registered Visitor
Z
my name is zenab.i am 17 years old and i have had Ankylosing spondylitis (AS short)(arthritis in the spine) for a year and a half. i was at the age of 16. alfer having a lot of back pain for 6 months. it took a lot of time for the doctors to diagnose me. ever seens then i have been on every drug that is for arthritis. and my pain is so bad that i just cry so much and its very hard to go to college with the pain that i am in 24/7.

yes every morning i feel so stiff and sore. i feel like just going back to sleep. but i have to push myself every morning so i can go to college.

i cry all night and i dont sleep at all.

every time i go to my doctors. i feel like thay have all this nolge about arthritis but thay dont see the other side to having the arthritis. thay just see the medacal side to it.

dos anyone feel a bit like that.

i have just had anoth of the pain. i have been going through the pain for a year and a half but it feels like 10 years.

ok got to go now i hope to hear from someone soon.

Re: AS TEENAGER
#87657 03/27/06 11:54 AM
S
S
I am sorry that you have so much pain. It is a very tough thing to go through. And you are so young. I aplaud you for getting up every day an going to college. Keep studiying. This disease goes through webs and tides. Hopefully you will have some relief soon.

I am sure there are others your age you can connect with. Keep trying.

And take care the best you can,

Susanna

Re: AS TEENAGER
#87658 04/18/06 04:56 AM
B
B
First I want to say I am terribly sorry, I know exactly how you feel. Not too long ago I was in the same situation you are - not sleeping because of pain, crying all night and forcing myself to go to college in the morning.

I finally found another doctor that was very knowledgeable and believed me (that's half the battle sometimes) and he put me on a new medication that saved my life as I know it.

So what I am saying, is there is help, sometimes you have to wait. Do you have access to other doctors? Sometimes you have to see 5 or 10 before you find the answer you need. I would try to find another doctor.

Let me know if I can be of help to you.

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan 

Link Copied to Clipboard