Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#279022 - 09/15/17 05:13 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]  
Camerican Offline
Registered Visitor
Camerican  Offline
Registered Visitor

Dallas
Eric, from what I understand both are steroids. Maybe just different brand names.

#279072 - 09/21/17 02:58 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]  
Thomopro Offline
Registered Visitor
Thomopro  Offline
Registered Visitor

Hey all, been awhile since I've posted here... I'm on my second loading injection with Cosentyx and I've already noticed a slight improvement re: pain & fatigue compared to Humira results. No real improvement in skin and I'm pretty much sick as a dog on injection day, but that clears up after 24 hours.

I'll post updates as I get further along, but hopeful so far!
Peace

Greg (49)
AS
HLA-B27 neg, MTX, Folic Acid, Belbuca, Cosentyx (failed Enbrel, Remicade, Humira). Diclofenac caused kidney failure, Hard breakup with Norco.
#279382 - 10/29/17 06:10 AM Re: Cosentyx [Re: EricHampton]  
rumble Offline
Registered Visitor
rumble  Offline
Registered Visitor

Oklahoma USA
I'll be taking my 4th loading dose tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic that it is helping since this past week, even with a weather front dropping the barometer a few days ago, I feel a slight improvement in stamina. Pain levels have needed less effort in managing.

But the side-effects bother me a little too much during this loading dose phase. If it's just for a day or two following a monthly dose, and all is well the rest of the month and it works well for me all month, I would be inclined to call Cosentyx successful. But if the gut cramps and diarrhea-type looseness persist for more days, I'll be returning to Cimzia as soon as I can. When I have to take Imodium to control cramps from my biologic to control PsA, it's not a good thing. Of the 5 other biologics I've taken, none have given me side-effects that required me taking another med, even one that was OTC.

Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis HLAB27+
MTX, gabapentin, strontium citrate
Started Cosentyx in Oct 2017
Already tried Remicade, Enbrel, Simponi, Humira, Cimzia
#279389 - 10/30/17 08:21 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: rumble]  
awesomeman Online
Registered Visitor
awesomeman  Online
Registered Visitor

Originally Posted by rumble
I'll be taking my 4th loading dose tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic that it is helping since this past week, even with a weather front dropping the barometer a few days ago, I feel a slight improvement in stamina. Pain levels have needed less effort in managing.

But the side-effects bother me a little too much during this loading dose phase. If it's just for a day or two following a monthly dose, and all is well the rest of the month and it works well for me all month, I would be inclined to call Cosentyx successful. But if the gut cramps and diarrhea-type looseness persist for more days, I'll be returning to Cimzia as soon as I can. When I have to take Imodium to control cramps from my biologic to control PsA, it's not a good thing. Of the 5 other biologics I've taken, none have given me side-effects that required me taking another med, even one that was OTC.

Im on Cosentyx, I just finished my loading doses. I was wondering about that. I figured it was maybe the Tramadol or Celebrex. But I have this pitting feeling in my stomach. Its not horrible, but its definitely noticeable. Thinking about it now, its prob the Cosentyx.

diagnosed at 32.
HLA B27 Positive
Currently on Humira, Tramadol, and celebrex
#279441 - 11/14/17 07:37 PM Re: Cosentyx [Re: awesomeman]  
awesomeman Online
Registered Visitor
awesomeman  Online
Registered Visitor

Hey Rumble, How you feeling? Im probably going to be getting off the cosentyx. Im almost on month three but I cant take it anymore. While I have had about a 20% improvement with stiffness. I feel the following
sensation of passing out
Candida infection
20 pound weight loss(188-168 pounds)
significant fatigue
dizziness
loss of appetite
significant loss of strength(not for adls, but in the gym Im easily 30-40% weaker)

Keep in mind everyone is different and I have seen some improvement, but Im just getting a lot of side effects. I know the psoriasis guys speak wonders to this med, but sadly I dont think its working out for me.

diagnosed at 32.
HLA B27 Positive
Currently on Humira, Tramadol, and celebrex
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  ElinAslanyan